Please read Devs, and anyone who is interested in the future of Legions

Mike

Hi!

I find myself constantly checking the blog/forum for updates a few times a day, and I know I sound like some incessant fan, but I'm totally digging this game, but (for me) there's just not enough content to be able spread the word to my friends, or to be able to say when a friend asks what game I currently am into, "I'm playing Legions now."

I absolutely adore you devs! I adore this beautiful community, and I adore the promising gem that this game is.

However, I am growing increasingly disturbed by the future of this game.

Will it bloom into what it deserves to be?

There are two routs for the future of this game:

1) Create and prepare a plethora of content that works around the engine and boosts the game into the field where one could spend HOURS and HOURS playing, and not get bored. And with this content, the game might be able to be put on Steam, or sold independently, garnering revenue and allowing the current devs to work on more content, or work on something else entirely.

2) Open the game up to the community. With a community so loving, excited and knowledgeable as this one, it would be easy to envision many new maps, weapons, mods, etc. made by the community, preserving the game for a LONG WHILE. This, however, would require a map editor, and possibly some source code.

I don't mean to sound annoying, or be a burden or frustration for anyone. I simply appreciate the brilliance of this unfinished formula, and would be deeply saddened if it continued in its everlasting Beta phase with some type of very minor release every 2 weeks.

So, my questions are:

1) Is anything going to be released in the near future with enough content for me to tell my friends about this game?

-AND-

2) Devs, where do you see this game in 12 months?

Your loyal, proud, appreciative, and excited player,
lock445

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
1. When there's enough content to be able to start promoting Legions: Overdrive, we'll be making a lot of noise and then you can start telling your friends. Sure, you could tell them now, but as you said, there's not much content at this point. (But there's more on the way.)

2. I think in 12 months, Legions: Overdrive will look more like a complete, more in depth package. Also, I think Mabel will be as bald as Seymour (due to the stress involved with coding).

w00tyou

Hide your kids! Hide your wife! Because Legions: Overdrive is coming to town!

That is what i predict. Its a unique game. I mean really, what other games allow you to fly and be frictionless besides tribes?

FlyerRadio

The Devs couldn't sell the game even if they wanted to. This discussion has come up in past threads, and the license that the team is working with prohibits selling the game.

Haptic

Hide your kids! Hide your wife! Because Legions: Overdrive is coming to town!

That is what i predict. Its a unique game. I mean really, what other games allow you to fly and be frictionless besides tribes?
Global Agenda. But not nearly as fun.