OUYA

3lionz

Legions Developer
I want to see who backs it, how they are going to deal with the already huge fanbases of current consoles and the overall power. Nice to know how fast it got funded though.

Strife

As much as I would LOVE something like this, I just can't imagine it being very successful simply because Sony and Microsoft are the economic titans of the industry and I have a feeling they'll find a way to slander it or just keep people away from it in general, especially Microsoft.

On a side note, the part where they mention taping a blanket to the TV brings back a lot of memories.

Fixious

Test Lead
The people backing it don't see it as a Xbox/PS3/Wii competitor. They just want it to so they can mod it to their liking(emulators, XBMC, etc). It seems more of a Google TV/Apple TV competitor.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Err... Hm... This... May have potential. Not just (or at all) as a gaming console though. It's a fist sized media center. Grab this cube and an external HDD to your hotel room and enjoy (most have HD ready TVs).

Armageddon

Teapot
If I understood it right, it's basically Android games on TV? Which means the casual type?
Yes and no, it'll do android apps and what not but there are developers that are or have been working on large titles for this console, the one i'm waiting for is a game that is open world set in a zombie apocalypse, can't remember the name at this moment but it was looking really good a few months ago.