North Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've been taken them too lightly with their threats. They're only going to get worse if they mean what they say. In addition, the media is mocking them for even thinking about destroying the U.S. We're basically asking them to attack us first in order for us to strike back. Even though that's probably how the defense system does their job when deciding to attack, it's still annoying that we can risk some Americans before destroying their country. I think NK should wait out until Obama gets rid of our nuclears if they want a fight, since they're diminishing.

Orr they're just cocky and want popularity in the world. Anyhow, I'm not much of a politic, but we, the U.S., should watch them carefully as we are doing right now.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
My philosophy prof had probably the best view on this. "If North Korea sends even one nuke towards America it will get shot down and they will get the living *chocolate cookies* nuked out of them and then Kim Jong Un will be dead, so if he is rational at all he won't even try."

Personally, I think KJU is trying to show he is a big boi to all of N. Korea. Showing he won't back down to America so they give him 'spect.

I

IzRaPiDz

59201_562140693808994_1148574222_n_zpsfb4e1947.jpg

stefygraff

Private Tester
Admit it that you wanted to make this thread only for that meme! :D
Its funny because we all know that a war will start soon, but we dont know when... :-/

Freeman

RAYTANG
north koreas missles dont even have the range to actually hit america.

if theyre gonna attack, itll be against the south/japan first (last).

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
As time progresses, their technology will advance. I doubt they'll ever try open warfare (even after they get ICBM's) unless the US collapses or something simply because we have the capacity to glass Pyonyang. That said, they'll probably keep up skirmishes and various other annoying things.

I

IzRaPiDz

Admit it that you wanted to make this thread only for that meme! :D
Its funny because we all know that a war will start soon, but we dont know when... :-/
I actually didn't, I made this thread and then I saw that meme afterwards haha!

FireBlitz

Personally, I believe NK (specifically KJU) is only looking to be the diva of the show. They want eyes on them. Just wants to show that he's worthy to rule by taking on the big guy. They've been making empty threats for decades and don't have the technology to attack the US directly, yet. If anything were to happen, I'd say they'll go after US assets (ex. South Korea), but that'll only make the U.S. *chocolate cookies* on their head. Either way, *chocolate cookies* is about to hit the fan... It's only a matter of time.

We can't afford another war right now. Look at what the last 2 wars have done to our economy, at a cost of $5,000.00/a second. We've had 50,000 troops stationed in Japan for decades as a deterrent to protect them from China, and they have hardly provided their own military since WW2, because they get free protection from us. During the first Gulf war, Kuwait was waiting for any of its neighbors to help them, but found that they were all having meetings on how to divide Kuwait up once Iraq conquered them. The U.S. came to the rescue again, and has had approx. 50,000 troops there as a deterrent to protect them from all surrounding countries ever since. Not only hasn't Kuwait offered any money for this protection, but they charge us the same amount per barrel of oil as they do everyone else. China wants Taiwan back under its Communist Regime again, so here comes the good ol' U.S. saying we'll back Taiwan up, and currently have 2 Naval Armadas, ( 2 Nuclear Carrier Groups), patrolling the South China Sea as a show of force to deter China once again. The "Holy Land", (The middle East), has been War-torn for several decades, The Drug Cartels of South America, & let's not forget the former Soviet Union, which since its fall has become completely without shame or morals, (Its most lucrative market being the sex-slave trade), & don't forget, there's Nukes all over that divided country where people are starving, and are selling them to the highest bidder. Yeah, China backs North Korea, but as FireBlitz said, it's all talk so his people think he's a strong leader. You have to realize that N. Korea doesn't allow the Internet or T.V. inside of its borders, and the general population is duped into believing that they would win a war with the U.S., but KJU knows better. Anyway, as much as I love life and try my best to think positive, just look at your history, (the writings' on the wall). Anyone with any common sense can see clearly that Greed has been crowned the new king. Just about everything you see happening on this planet can be traced back to Greed. The younger generation, (KJU i.e.,) is pumped full of testosterone and primed to fight, but if he can fool his whole country into believing that their lifestyle is one of the best in the world, then he's smart enough not to "F" with the good ol' U.S. After all, we are a pretty scary bunch in the eyes of the rest of the world. We kicked England's ass to gain our own independence, then we migrated West, slaughtering entire races of Indians, then there's that whole "F'd" up Slavery thing, (shame on us), we even had a war against ourselves, (the Civil War), then there's WW1, and we kicked the Devil's ass (Hitler) in WW2, thus saving the entire planet. Since then we have been in a "Cold War", and have found some reason or another to fight several Wars in between. Imagine living in another country, (spectating), all of the acts we do as a Nation. Yes, we are very, very, scary & we carry a big stick. We think the Arabic Nations are crazy in how their most honorable way to die is to die in battle, but there is only 1 country that the whole world avoids going to war with out of straight "FEAR"...Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you the United States of America.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
We've had 50,000 troops stationed in Japan for decades as a deterrent to protect them from China, and they have hardly provided their own military since WW2, because they get free protection from us.

To be fair, you did drop two nuclear bombs on them and to this day, that remains to date the only time nuclear bombs being dropped have resulted in massive human death.

then there's WW1, and we kicked the Devil's ass (Hitler) in WW2, thus saving the entire planet.

In ww1 you provided vital supplies to the allies until 1917 where you entered the war yourself. There were 110,000 american deaths in ww1 compared to the 10 million British deaths. In ww2 you did the same thing. The D-Day landings were a vital success to beating Hitler but many historians believe that Hitler would have been defeated by the Russian powerhouse after a long, brutal, drawn out war.

The main reason you entered ww2 was because that your government recognized that the German's were very advanced in the technology they produced (But obviously did not have the supplies to manufacture them due to fighting on multiple fronts (Russian, Western, North Africa)). Want an example of this "advanced technology" ? The Saturn V rocket that took NASA astronauts to the moon was designed by the same man who designed the V1 and V2 rockets that wrecked destruction on Britain in the latter stages of the war. Your government, and the rest of the allies were there for the money, to take what they could get after defeating Germany.

It has been proven that the Nazi's were very close to nuclear weaponry though, so in effect your statement is half true, although not because AMERICAAA whooped German's ass.

Yes, we are very, very, scary & we carry a big stick.

No longer. At the height of the cold war, perhaps. In many countries now you are viewed as being weak and economically unstable. Examples include, but are not limited to, China, Russia and North Korea.

I think you've missed my point entirely. The Human race will ultimately destroy itself. We, as a species, love to fight. If you think I'm wrong on that also, explain the perfectly cut sidewalks and pillars that are made out of solid granite off of the coast of Japan. I believe there is also a pyramid or two there, and the last time this area wasn't under 90 feet of water was 14,000 years ago when mankind only had "Hunter/Gatherer" tools, (and they have pictures of the surfaces of these rocks with patterns of perfectly huge circular cutting patterns) on them. And in Turkey, they have discovered a city with everything in it (tools, utensils, etc.), where the people simply disappeared, as if they all just got up & walked away. Did I forget to mention that said city is buried under hundreds of thousands of tons of desert sand, and the lead archaeologist has been unearthing the find for 6 years now with modern day equipment, and with mapping the underground city with sonar technology believes they have only uncovered 5% of the city. There are 60 ton solid Granite pillars in this city, that were buried 20 feet into the Earth, and protrude 40 feet above ground, and are perfectly level and plumb, and have certain bugs and animals carved not into the Granite, but the whole surface of that side of the stone (except for the finished art was grinded down and the "art" was actually protruding up off of the surface. How did people thousands of years ago cut solid granite under 90 feet of seawater with accuracy that rivals our modern-day cutting tools, so long before electricity was harnessed & power tools were invented? How did a long-ago race of people bury an entire city with tons upon tons of desert sand, using what, weak make-shift hand shovels, and how did they manipulate solid Granite? The Great Pyramids; with the man power of thousands of slaves, it would be feasible that they could get the huge stones to the site (the base of the pyramid), but even with their advanced technology for that era, it would be impossible to stack these stones. And these stones were cut with such precision, (& on compound angles), that when standing inside the pyramid, there isn't a spot in the whole thing that lets even a sliver of daylight inside. The History channel has done several shows on this type of subject, (the "Ancient Alien" series), and on their show about the Pyramids they had a bigshot that owned a rock quarry state that although with today's technology they could cut stones similar, they could not cut them with the same precision, and that it would also take decades just to cut them. I'm not an area 51 fanatic, nor am I a believer of little green men from Mars, but there is evidence that exists all over this planet of the Human race getting somekind of outside help from somewhere. Personally, I believe that the evolution of our species has happened before, maybe even several times (the Earth is old enough to support this theory), and we have some way or another eliminated ourselves from the face of the planet. Over time, structures such as skyscrapers and other things like cars, etc., will break down to the point of becoming absorbed back into the Earth, and Evolution will start over once again, no matter how improbable, and the newest era of man ends up saying "dude, how'd they cut that city in solid granite 90 feet underwater? Then they become extinct within a millennia of the discovery and use of Nuclear Technology, and so on, and so on...

Propkid

If you assume that we are still retarded enough to use nukes as a replacement of conventional warfare then... well it's not as simple as that. NK is acting like a psychopath right now and I doubt that the other nations with the means to do so will resort themselves to weapons of mass destruction, even if NK will go full-retard (which they almost are, as I see no way in which they could benefit from their current actions unless supported by another nation).

The 'ethical' question of dropping nukes on Japan was losing your own soldiers in a long-lasting 'fair' war vs. killing enemy civilians. Nowadays not only is conventional warfare much more effective, but the US is no longer the only one with nukes. Back then they were confident about being the only ones with such technology, so they could use it without the risk of having it used against them and triggering a global conflict. Nothing is set in stone even if NK fire a nuke, as long as it gets shot down.

No comment on Free Radical trying to argue the U.S. as a selfless (or in any way virtuous) guardian angel of peace and freedoms in post #1 and propagating what looks a bit like scientology-level theories in post #2. The 'glory' of U.S, the relevance of nukes and the global conflict are all relics of the past: nowadays the U.S. doesn't even hold up a good economy and doesn't hold any power to do any good (imo). I'd like to say that humanity has moved forward from power struggles, but that's not entirely true. Anyway if you'd like a country to 'look up to' in terms of economy/stability then start looking here:
http://www.financialsense.com/contr...of-worlds-largest-creditor-and-debtor-nations

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
To be fair, you did drop two nuclear bombs on them and to this day, that remains to date the only time nuclear bombs being dropped have resulted in massive human death.

In ww1 you provided vital supplies to the allies until 1917 where you entered the war yourself. There were 110,000 american deaths in ww1 compared to the 10 million British deaths. In ww2 you did the same thing. The D-Day landings were a vital success to beating Hitler but many historians believe that Hitler would have been defeated by the Russian powerhouse after a long, brutal, drawn out war.

The main reason you entered ww2 was because that your government recognized that the German's were very advanced in the technology they produced (But obviously did not have the supplies to manufacture them due to fighting on multiple fronts (Russian, Western, North Africa)). Want an example of this "advanced technology" ? The Saturn V rocket that took NASA astronauts to the moon was designed by the same man who designed the V1 and V2 rockets that wrecked destruction on Britain in the latter stages of the war. Your government, and the rest of the allies were there for the money, to take what they could get after defeating Germany.

It has been proven that the Nazi's were very close to nuclear weaponry though, so in effect your statement is half true, although not because AMERICAAA whooped German's ass.

No longer. At the height of the cold war, perhaps. In many countries now you are viewed as being weak and economically unstable. Examples include, but are not limited to, China, Russia and North Korea.

What you say is largely true. In both The Great War and WWII, we attempted to stay out of things as long as possible. Eventually in WWII, U-boat attacks on our trading vessels plus the threat of advanced technology were primary reasons to become involved directly. In all likelihood, Germany could have won if Hitler wouldn't have been stupid and stabbed Russia in the back so early. As for the rockets, I have this to say:

Regarding dropping nukes on Japan, the entire military was planning on Operation Downfall. Had Japan not surrendered, it is estimated that a long and costly invasion would have ensued resulting in the deaths of millions of American soldiers (though estimates varied widely), let alone the deaths of Japanese soldiers and citizens and those citizens of neighboring countries. Even low estimates of the casualties in Operation Downfall are hundreds of thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of Japanese citizens and soldiers (all the way up to 10 million depending on the source). Now, you can debate how much nuking them influenced their surrender, but to a country believing in fighting to the last man, the ability to wipe a city off the map with one bomb certainly wouldn't have encouraged you to keep fighting IMHO.

Back to DPRK, the only way they'll ever win against the US, Japan, SK, and others is if China aids them. We don't want war with China and they don't want war with us for economic reasons, not to mention the threat of mutually assured destruction.

...Don't forget about the steel embargo we put on Japan, thus rolling its war machine to a halt, (once all existing Air, Sea, & Land units were destroyed). Realizing this was the main reason Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, which also was the main reason we entered the war.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
My understanding of the bombing of Pearl Harbor was that the Japanese didn't want us interfering with their imperialism. Perhaps this is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.