New Game - MIDAIR

Disci

Old man
FriendforwardedthistomeIdonteven-12282.jpg

Royalty

The Aussie
Concept art looks great, I was never a fan of open face though.

Early days for suggestions, but if the engine could incorporate it, a helmet appearing (think Iron Man armour putting itself together) once a player went over a certain speed would certainly look cool in my books.

I am excited!

Defender

It would be big news in the gaming industry, if who ever owns the tribes IP, just decided to remake the simplistic tribes1, just as it was, but with up to-date graphics, models, textures, sounds, no new packs, or gadgets, cores, or experimental stuff mentioned in the above video, except for some handy tribes1, community made client side scripts, or recommended added features. They really should do it on T3d, as its the engine built from the older tribes engines.
All the tribes games after tribes2, used different engines, that where not mod friendly, had engine issues that kinda stopped them from making a good tribes game, time to go back to the engine that was made for tribes.

This new game here will be a nice adventure for the guys making it, hope it goes some place, nothing worse than spending so much time on making a game, mod, or map, and have on one ever download or play it much.. I spent way to much time making maps for this game, that never got played, at-least some played my mod, so that was some satisfaction.

Last edited:

k e v i n

Private Tester
Bw0xWFnIUAAIYg3.jpg:large

Expect a new Z Axis Podcast today that talks about Project Z and other games. Cast includes BugsPray, Mabel, AFireInAsa, Saccaed, w1nters, and phr33ky.
That looks pretty nice, but if that's the light female class, I guess they're going to have a female heavy class right?

006_bonetown_fat_robot-1.jpg

Defender

I have never made a game, but after watching the video, the guys talking seem to not have a concrete game design doc, as to what the game design will be or in-tail. If you where building a house with these guys, what a nightmare it would be, maybe we will have a fireplace, or maybe we will have a garage, or maybe the house will have 3 bedrooms, but half way in construction lets add two more bedrooms.

Its seems to me that they should draw up a realistic plan or game design doc.
This way you can realistically work towards building the game you have planed out, not just figure it out as you go, and maybe wast time on features, ideas, you don't have time to implement..;)

Last edited:

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Or maybe they do have a plan but not everything always works out just as you planned. Thus, they won't go around giving promises on any of the aspects while being so early in the developement. THAT is being realistic. Houses tend to be planned from earlier experience. Something you just don't have when creating even a semi-unique gameplay.

Defender

I wonder how much time they spend on things that they know will likely not be in the beta or initial game.. Here is a good read.

Last edited:

Royalty

The Aussie
Defender:

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

SdP4oYu.gif

If you are going to use every thread and post to criticise the Legions: Overdrive and 'Z' team, just don't post at all. Please, leave, and go criticise some other game that hasn't been released yet.

Disci

Old man
If you are going to use every thread and post to criticise the Legions: Overdrive and 'Z' team, just don't post at all. Please, leave, and go criticise some other game that hasn't been released yet.
Criticism is always ok. My boss once said, "If no one ever questions my decisions/ideas, I begin to wonder if I'm doing something wrong".

Royalty

The Aussie
Criticism is always ok. My boss once said, "If no one ever questions my decisions/ideas, I begin to wonder if I'm doing something wrong".
Your boss was right, however the key phrase I used was "every thread and post". If everybody constantly questioned your boss' decisions, he'd be pissed off for sure haha :D