New Editing Software (Better Than Sony Vegas)

MJ1284

Excuse me if I sound rude, but was this a Cyberlink tech demo or did you put serious effort into this? All I see is random footage & random effects slapped on top of it.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

cyberlink editing thingy has been around for years...comes with powerDVD

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
your problem is that your video thinks it is a montage, but what you are really doing is testing out the software.

this gives it the impression of it looking in some places, very cheap.

do one seriously, use less "filler" effects and you could make some nice stuff i think :)

p.s. cyberlink isn't a program, it's a company.
I assume you mean powerdirector? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerDirector

JFelipe704

Excuse me if I sound rude, but was this a Cyberlink tech demo or did you put serious effort into this? All I see is random footage & random effects slapped on top of it.

wow seriously this was my 1st time editing with it -____- ive been using sony vegas for a while but, moms bought me some new stuff for my comp and Cyberlink was 1 of them tried it and i was very impressed. THE VIDEO SUCKS I KNOW IM LEARNING HOW TO EDIT VIDEOS. MAN I SWEAR EVERYTIME I POST SOMETHING I GET CRITICIZED I MEAN CMON CUZT ME SOME SLACK GEEZ >.<

your problem is that your video thinks it is a montage, but what you are really doing is testing out the software.

this gives it the impression of it looking in some places, very cheap.

do one seriously, use less "filler" effects and you could make some nice stuff i think :)

p.s. cyberlink isn't a program, it's a company.
I assume you mean powerdirector? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerDirector

yeah PowerDirector lol this was my 1st time and it was juss to test the editing. I will improve though im learning

MJ1284

wow seriously this was my 1st time editing with it -____- ive been using sony vegas for a while but, moms bought me some new stuff for my comp and Cyberlink was 1 of them tried it and i was very impressed. THE VIDEO SUCKS I KNOW IM LEARNING HOW TO EDIT VIDEOS. MAN I SWEAR EVERYTIME I POST SOMETHING I GET CRITICIZED I MEAN CMON CUZT ME SOME SLACK GEEZ >.<
I didn't mean to offend, I was simply confused what your video aimed for (Fissurez phrased it better, I initially assumed this would be skill montage of sorts while it actually turned out to be more of a test video).
It's great to see people who are interested in learning video editing, but if you react to feedback like that you should think twice whether this is your cup of coffee or not. If you're going to show other people your work you should ALWAYS know that there's a chance that not everybody might like it much as you.

That said, it's not completely bad and you should keep trying, but here's a little suggestion: Next time you're making a video, make two separate versions and use different editing styles. That way you'll get to pick one you prefer and think carefully "Why I liked other video more than that other one?", when it comes to video editing learning is mostly trial and error.