New "Catapult" Stations

PuppyGuard

Sorry for the clustered designs, I just wanted to get the idea out of my head and onto the paper.
plunkerroughdesigns.jpg

Get this: a station much like the jump pad that catapults you over great distances. When you stand on the pad an arm like this:
rollercoaster.jpg

plops over you and different arms attach "Add-Ons"(which are disposable afterburners) to your nozzles
outryder.jpg

When the process is done you will hear a ding and you will point(aim) in the direction you want to be sent and the jump pad will fling you at a high velocity(I don't know what a fair speed is, so you guys can figure that out) and the after burners will be ready for your use. You can only use them in midair, to assist you to traveling across the map(with or without the flag). There is a small health bar for the afterburners. Once the indicator(health bar) for the add ons is empty; the add ons will fall off you(make them ragdolled, like when you respawn you fall into pieces and they have velocity and weight) and you will remain at the speed at which the afterburners have pushed you. I am not sure whether they inflict damage on you or not. You the community decide, again I just want the design to be on paper. I for one would find this extremely useful for large maps like Bladerun.

rollercoaster.jpg

I for one would find this extremely useful for large maps like Bladerun.

I love that roller coaster. ^^ Six Flags Great Adventure ftw.

But anyway, the current jump pads (and grenade jumps for that matter) they have on the map Gorge I believe would do a better job than this fancy smancy apparatus. And oh god, Bladerun. Don't bring those memories back to me...

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Interesting idea, but it seems like the setup takes too long. I understand that's for balance, but honestly, the jump pads would work better.

I always liked just exploring on Blade Run. I was absolutely useless, but it was too much fun. I'd occasionally decide to actually play, but most of the time, I'd just check out all the buildings.

HVanquish

Pretty sure the point he's making is the angle you could do it at. Yes, a skilled grenade jumper could frolic practically anywhere he wants, but these would make more accuracy. For it being OP for chasers, I think the idea is that it might take around 3 seconds or more for it to fully operate with you, allowing a capper to hurriedly flee to their base, rendering it impracticable for chasers. I guess my only complaint is that I'm seeing so many suggestions for turrets, catapults, and more jump pads, that it seems the bases would just be overloaded with little gadgets.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Pretty sure the point he's making is the angle you could do it at. Yes, a skilled grenade jumper could frolic practically anywhere he wants, but these would make more accuracy. For it being OP for chasers, I think the idea is that it might take around 3 seconds or more for it to fully operate with you, allowing a capper to hurriedly flee to their base, rendering it impracticable for chasers. I guess my only complaint is that I'm seeing so many suggestions for turrets, catapults, and more jump pads, that it seems the bases would just be overloaded with little gadgets.
Like it or not, bases will have more gadgets.

PuppyGuard

After some thought, this idea of mine is about as funny as a screen door on a submarine.
Jump pads work. Bladerun is great.

w00tyou

Catapults catt. (for short), are designed for maps that where the spawn point isn't on a giant hill.

Ex. FB from tribes v had catt to get around faster.
FB terrain reminds me of Zenith terrain, just me.