Nerds rejoice! Math thread.

Tomstoiler

I've got another one:

x+y=z

3x-2x+3y-2y=3z-2z

3x+3y-3z=2x+2y-2z / ive just put all the 2s and 3s on one side

3*(x+y-z)=2*(x+y-z) / divide with (x+y-z)

3=2

where is the mistake? ;)

Propkid

I've got another one:

x+y=z

3x-2x+3y-2y=3z-2z

3x+3y-3z=2x+2y-2z / ive just put all the 2s and 3s on one side

3*(x+y-z)=2*(x+y-z) / divide with (x+y-z)

3=2

where is the mistake? ;)
Result_of_a_division_by_0.jpg

Yeah...
Hey look wut I did- oh SHIIIIIIIII-
I-told-him-not-to-divide-by-zero.jpg

57thRomance

It's just sin(x). F'(x) implies an antiderivative, so it would be similar to asking "the derivative of what is cos(x)", which is sin(x).

I think he probably just ignored the capital F and the lowercase f. My teacher told me to use F'(x)=f(x) as a guide to solving problems involving differential equations. In that case, it WOULD be sin(x). If they were both f(x), then the solution would be -sin(x).

BeefThief

Beefy Member
Anyone else taking the AP Calc test next week? I doubt I'll do very well, but I feel like I need to take since I have so much time invested in studying this stuff.

57thRomance

Anyone else taking the AP Calc test next week? I doubt I'll do very well, but I feel like I need to take since I have so much time invested in studying this stuff.

I'm taking Calc AB :) My teacher's giving us a bunch of problems from past exams. I HAVE to get a good grade on it because I'm aiming to pass out of my first semester of calc in college, and math and science are my strengths for the most part. I would've done BC as well, but it's not available at my school.

BeefThief

Beefy Member
Yeah, my teacher is giving past tests, too. Unfortunately, after all those problems, I still can't do the open-ended.