My Cat is Psychotic

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I have a strange cat. I realize of course that all cats are strange, but mine might be a little too far out there. She's almost 15 now and is getting more and more bizarre by the day. She was a rescue (her mother was a stray and she was orphaned when her mother was hit by a car; animal control found her by her mother's body; she was a month old at the time). At first, we just thought she was cute and fluffy like any kitten, but over the years, she's become increasingly bizarre. I shall list her odd behaviors in order of increasing strangeness.
  1. She is attracted to those that are unkind to her. The more you call her "dumb cat" and push her away with your feet, the more time she'll rub up against your legs, whereas if you try to pet her, she's inclined to claw you. She's been this way forever.
  2. She isn't afraid of dogs. In fact, she shreds whatever flesh she can get ahold of. Until our dog died (from unrelated reasons), he was routinely covered in scratches, gashes, and other injuries from her.
  3. She once brought a mouse to me (still alive) and proceeded to hold it in place with her paws as she bit its head off. She then proceeded to just look at the body before pushing it towards me and walking off. She ate the remaining part later.
  4. She can drink several bowls of water in a day. We assume this just has to do with her getting older.
  5. She doesn't like her tail. Some animals chase their tales. My cat attacks her tail. It is not uncommon for her area of the garage to be covered in blood spatter from the gashes she has ripped in herself.
I post this today because she took the last one to a new level. Today, we found blood spatter everywhere in the garage. If you didn't know our cat, your first instinct might be that there had been a murder there (or several). Any idea why our cat is so intent on dismembering herself?

Attachments

• IMAG0058_1.jpg
    IMAG0058_1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 17

57thRomance

Prozac maybe? Or I would give it more attention, like give it something else to play with or tear apart. Like have it chase a laser dot from a laser pointer.

57thEnryu

I'm sorry but this made me laugh pretty hard. Does that make me a bad person?

Sorry for your troubles, but your cat is nucking futs

Litzer

I used to have a cat named piper. She was a Siamese cat, with blue eyes. ANYWAY she would always bring a dead squirrel or bird to our doorstep each morning, it's like an offering or something.

Your cat wanted to show that offering too, but just in a more psychotic like manner.

Basically your cat is nuts and I have no idea how you sleep well at night. sorry

Royalty

The Aussie
That's really weird. I actually feel sorry for you and your cat :(... (and your dog) :(

/initiateretardmode

If your cat was a male:

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Prozac maybe? Or I would give it more attention, like give it something else to play with or tear apart. Like have it chase a laser dot from a laser pointer.
I try giving her attention. She just runs away.

She figured out that laser pointer dots weren't real things about thirty seconds after I first tried with her a couple years ago. She would just end up looking at me whenever there was a dot, as if she knew I was the source.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
More reasons why Shih Tzu's are the pet for me!

Although, we did have a cat that used to bring in live mice into the house and 'present' it to us. Unfortunately that cat didn't have the decency to kill the thing and the mouse would proceed to run through the house until it would die by Seymour's foot.