MWLL 0.4.0

Gheist

King of all Goblins
wars was dirt cheap the other day, u dont haz?
I no haz, yes. But that's not really the point. I'm all for opening up the game for Crysis Wars, that's aweseome. But cutting previously available features? Bah...

Especially when you think of how many people got Crysis simply for that mod, and now will have to get yet another game.

Redvan

Private Tester
I no haz, yes. But that's not really the point. I'm all for opening up the game for Crysis Wars, that's aweseome. But cutting previously available features? Bah...

Especially when you think of how many people got Crysis simply for that mod, and now will have to get yet another game.

What features are getting cut? afaik the port to Wars is exactly the same with fixes and additions.

I did get Crysis simply for MWLL, but I got the steam pack that comes with them all. They have that pack on sale quite regularly. Most people probably have Wars if they have the original :)

If you purchased Wars on Steam and are having CD Key problems:

GUIDE TO GET NEW CD KEY FOR STEAM CRYSIS WARS:

1. Open steam library

2. Click on Crysis WARHEAD (not wars)

3. On the right side of the page under LINKS, you'll see "Support", click it. It should take you HERE

4. Click on the big GAME button

5. Click on the big "Cant find what you need" button on the right side of the screen

6. This screen is where you write your problemo. Under the drop down box titled "Category", select "CD KEY QUESTIONS"

6. Next drop down: "Invalid CD key"

The rest is self explanatory (if all prior wasn't enough). You'll need your CRYSIS WARHEAD (not Wars) CD KEY. Find this in your Steam Library when you click on Crysis Warhead, under links on the right side (by where the Support button was).

They also request a screenshot of your CD key, so copy past the key into where they want it, and screenshot the popup that shows your key as well.

Strife

Ah. Regardless, all three Crysis games were like 10 dollars the other day so there's really no reason to not have Wars after all this time.

Velocity

[...]If you purchased Wars on Steam and are having CD Key problems:

GUIDE TO GET NEW CD KEY FOR STEAM CRYSIS WARS:[...]
I would expect steam ensures that everything is functional, guess not tho... So, I filled out that support ticket. And now I play the waiting game.

Redvan

Private Tester
1. Try this first:

Open regedit (run->regedit).

Follow this path: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Electronic Arts\\Electronic Arts\\Crysis Wars\\ergc"

Double click "default" to edit the key.

Put a "-" (without the ") after every 4th character (example: 1ab2-cd34-e5f6-g78h).

Launch game and see if it worked.

If this fix does not work then try one of the following

2. Contact EA for a new one. You can either do the chat method on their web site, write an email ticket through their website, or call: 1-866-543-5435 (ty AtlasNR).

Some have had luck getting a new key, some have been told to contact Steam support. If told to contact Steam support, try EA again if you want, may get someone else that will give you a key.

3. Contact Steam for a new one. I tried this a few days ago and still have yet to hear from them.

a. Open steam library

b. Click on Crysis WARHEAD (not wars)

c. On the right side of the page under LINKS, you'll see "Support", click it. It should take you HERE

d. Click on the big GAME button

e. Click on the big "Cant find what you need" button on the right side of the screen

f. This screen is where you write your problemo. Under the drop down box titled "Category", select "CD KEY QUESTIONS"

g. Next drop down: "Invalid CD key"

The rest is self explanatory (if all prior wasn't enough). You'll need your CRYSIS WARHEAD (not Wars) CD KEY. Find this in your Steam Library when you click on Crysis Warhead, under links on the right side (by where the Support button was).

They also request a screenshot of your CD key, so copy past the key into where they want it, and screenshot the popup that shows your key as well.

Conclusion: I got the first method with the regedit to work. Just tried it today. I'll try again later and tomorrow to see if its still working. Try that method first. If not, join the waiting game of contacting support, either EA or Steam.

Velocity

I got a key from EA, in 15ish minutes, and created a file in the Crysis Wars directory named "autoexec.cfg". Into that file, I placed my new key.
con_restricted = 0
cl_gs_cdkey = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
net_set_cdkey XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On the start of the game, it autoruns, replaces my steam key with the new one, and tada. It works.

Redvan

Private Tester
I got a key from EA, in 15ish minutes, and created a file in the Crysis Wars directory named "autoexec.cfg". Into that file, I placed my new key.

On the start of the game, it autoruns, replaces my steam key with the new one, and tada. It works.

sweet :)

Did the registry edit not work for you? Or did you just get a new key before trying?

NOTICE: If running Crysis Wars 32 bit, you will need to set your fixed registry key to READ ONLY:

Start up regedit again and select the key.
Go to Edit-->Permissions.
Click your account and select Advanced
Click your account again and press the Edit button.
Now tick the Deny boxes for "Set Value", "Delete", "Write DAC", and "Write Owner". Not all of those are probably needed, but we're just being sure.
Click OK, OK, OK, and exit regedit

Redvan

Private Tester
Old CD keys should work now. Here's my complete post from Steam forums about possible fixes. If you're having problems, pay most attention to 4 (Update), 5, and 1, in that order.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Try this first:

IF 64bit VERSION
Open regedit (run->regedit).

Follow this path: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Electronic Arts\\Electronic Arts\\Crysis Wars\\ergc"

Double click "default" to edit the key.

Put a "-" (without the ") after every 4th character (example: 1ab2-cd34-e5f6-g78h).

Launch game and see if it worked.

IF 32bit VERSION, DO THE ABOVE AND THEN:
MasterGH;20000425 said:
I'm on Win7 64bit; after doing the registry change, I noticed the 64bit version of Crysis Wars worked, but the 32bit one didn't for some reason. Punkbuster doesn't work on the 64bit version, though, so I did some more digging.

Basically, the registry key kept resetting to the dashless state when the 32bit version started, whereas it kept them with the 64bit version. I assume this is because the 32bit exe runs through Steam (unlike the 64bit), and therefore accesses the dashless key from Steam's section of the registry and rewrites the key we're concerned with.

So, my solution? Make the key Redvan mentions ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Electronic Arts\\Electronic Arts\\Crysis Wars\\ergc") read-only on my account!

Start up regedit again and select the key.
Go to Edit-->Permissions.
Click your account and select Advanced
Click your account again and press the Edit button.
Now tick the Deny boxes for "Set Value", "Delete", "Write DAC", and "Write Owner". Not all of those are probably needed, but we're just being sure.
Click OK, OK, OK, and exit regedit
The game should connect properly now if you had the same issue as me!

If this fix does not work then try one of the following

2. Contact EA for a new one. You can either do the chat method on their web site, write an email ticket through their website, or call: 1-866-543-5435 (ty AtlasNR).

Some have had luck getting a new key, some have been told to contact Steam support. If told to contact Steam support, try EA again if you want, may get someone else that will give you a key.

3. Contact Steam for a new one. I tried this a few days ago and still have yet to hear from them.

a. Open steam library

b. Click on Crysis WARHEAD (not wars)

c. On the right side of the page under LINKS, you'll see "Support", click it. It should take you HERE

d. Click on the big GAME button

e. Click on the big "Cant find what you need" button on the right side of the screen

f. This screen is where you write your problemo. Under the drop down box titled "Category", select "CD KEY QUESTIONS"

g. Next drop down: "Invalid CD key"

4. OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM STEAM REGARDING (response from doing method 3):

Hello Redvan, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. If you are experiencing CD Key issues with Crysis Wars, please ensure that you have installed both Crysis Warhead and Crysis Wars. Then, launch Crysis Warhead to the main menu. You may then exit the game. -If you are running in Windows Vista or Windows 7, please completely exit Steam, and right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam and select "Run as Administrator." -If you are running in Windows XP, take the following steps (ignore these if you are using Windows 7 or Vista): 1) Exit Steam. 2) Go to the "Start" menu, select "Run", type "regedit" and click "OK". 3) Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VALVE 4) Right click and select "Permissions" 5) Check the "Allow" boxes for "Admin" and "System" for both "Full control" and "Read". Verify the GCF for both Crysis Warhead and Crysis Wars: Title: Verifying Game Cache Files (GCF) Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335 Verifying the GCF solves many issues for most games. NOTE: Crysis Wars uses your key for Crysis Warhead. You can view your CD Key for Crysis Warhead at any time by right-clicking on that game in your Steam Library and selecting "View Game CD Key". Please test the issue. If the issue persists, please take the following steps: Go to the "Start" menu, select "Run", type "regedit" and click "OK". Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Crysis Wars\ergc In the right-hand window, right-click "(Default)" and select "Modify". Insert a dash after every 4th digit (i.e. 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L-M9NP). Then select "Ok". Test the issue again. If you continue to have difficulty, you may need to update your version of Punkbuster Setup and obtain new client files. Please follow the link below for the latest version of PBSetup: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php NOTE: Do not install this into your Steam folder. Once you have downloaded it please add your game to the list. After it has been added please click the “Check for Updates” at the top of PBSetup and the new client files will be downloaded. You should now be able to join Punkbuster servers. Please test the issue once more. If the issue is still not resolved, further support for this title is handled by a third party support department - please follow the instructions below to contact the support provider to troubleshoot this issue: Title: Contacting EA Support Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3007-WRKX-5963 Please let us know if you experience further difficulties, or if you have additional questions or concerns.

I cannot verify if Steams response will help at all, as I have it working with the first fix.

--------UPDATE ON STEAM RESPONSE, AS POSTED IN THIS THREAD--------
KrisK;20064144 said:
We have contacted EA, and some changes have been made on the authentication end.

These fixes should no longer be necessary. However, if that's not the case, please let me know!

EDIT: Oh, and if it doesn't work, please download and run Crysis Warhead to the main menu at least once.

5. FROM MWLL HOME PAGE. TRY THIS BEFORE CONTACTING ANY SUPPORT IMO.

Conclusion: I got the first method with the regedit to work. Just tried it today. I'll try again later and tomorrow to see if its still working. Try that method first. If not, join the waiting game of contacting support, either EA or Steam.

If you have another solution that has worked for you, please post here and I'll edit it in.

EDIT: Regedit still working for me, not a fluke.

Frosted

Just want to say MWLL 5.0 is out

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

050_Release_Promoshot_01.jpg