Moonshine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
It's out of the rotations of three (sets of) servers. It's still in the game, this isn't another Quarry situation.

pullute

Nevertheless I want the old rotation back. The new one is just BS. Reactor, Elegiac, Frost how awesome... And why would anybody prefer to play a Elegiac 3 vs 3 instead of a moon or a niv 3 vs 3. I seriously dont get it.

pullute

And it's absolutely ridiculous that if 1 person complains about a map they take it out, without taking care of the other players. Thats what I call a working community.

aus.hsp

Private Tester
pullute has a point... We need to listen to the community more - we don't do it enough, hence the reason why this community is "not the best"...
Was speaking to a few veterans today, e.g., djfaith, and they said that this is one of the reasons they have left.

Jordahan

And it's absolutely ridiculous that if 1 person complains about a map they take it out, without taking care of the other players. Thats what I call a working community.
pullute has a point... We need to listen to the community more - we don't do it enough, hence the reason why this community is "not the best"...
Was speaking to a few veterans today, e.g., djfaith, and they said that this is one of the reasons they have left.
The community IS listened to, this is probably the map that I have to change from the most in game. Moonshine isn't fun to play since it's all llamaing, it just turns into such a shitshow.
This map IS STILL IN THE GAME it is out of the rotation on some servers but that doesn't mean anything? Host your own game and play it, play a pick up game on it if you *dancing* want to, ask an admin to change it to this map for once (it would be the only time ever).

As for djfaith, that guy was annoying as hell, he tried to tell me if I wanted to get into heaven I needed to stop sinning. Seriously.

If you spoke with other former community veterans, I would love to hear who however, since lots of them just like disappeared.

Fixious

Test Lead
The community IS listened to, this is probably the map that I have to change from the most in game. Moonshine isn't fun to play since it's all llamaing, it just turns into such a shitshow.
This map IS STILL IN THE GAME it is out of the rotation on some servers but that doesn't mean anything? Host your own game and play it, play a pick up game on it if you *dancing* want to, ask an admin to change it to this map for once (it would be the only time ever).

As for djfaith, that guy was annoying as hell, he tried to tell me if I wanted to get into heaven I needed to stop sinning. Seriously.

If you spoke with other former community veterans, I would love to hear who however, since lots of them just like disappeared.

Quite a few hopped aboard the T:A train. Bugs, Mabel, Blitz, APC, envy(I think). I know there are more but I can't remember atm.

Jordahan

Quite a few hopped aboard the T:A train. Bugs, Mabel, Blitz, APC, envy(I think). I know there are more but I can't remember atm.
Yeah I know the deadstop guys did, I am pretty sure Bugs and envy are way more into LoL though.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
NA community for T:A is strong apparently as they love the *chocolate cookies* Hi-Rez throws at them. EU community far more skeptical.

Application-1

test bester
We were asked for new map rotations, map rotations that would make sure that the servers dont go from 16 players to 5 just because a certain map pops up.
So what we did was simply looking at the wich maps people prefer, the maps that people have mixed feelings on and the maps that just kill servers.

Everyone loves frostbyte no crying about that. Case closed.

Reactor had a BIG positive reaction from the community, so its only natural to throw that in because you know we listen to the community.

Elegiac, a lot of americans like it, the european side however has mixed feelings on this map. But considering the americans like it and about half of the EU community does aswell we gave it the benefit of the doubt and there is simply no arguing about that this map does well on pubs. Good map for the lesser experienced. And in the end it brings up variety.

MOONSHINE EXPLAINED UNDER THIS SENTENCE READ IT.
Nivosus. A map we only putted in to get servers started with so that if people start joining a server you could still enjoy a game with only 8 people. For a starter map it was either this or moonshine. The reason we chose nivosus over moonshine was simply because moonshine is a server killer. Just keep your personal preferences away from here for a sec and listen. If moonshine would pop up on US with about 16 people in it always dropped down to about 6-8 people left. On EU this also happened but less noticeable, it would drop to about 8-10 people wich makes the map still playable so you notice it less. But still the server gets killed and people wont join the server as much as if there would be a different map on. This all together is a very valid reason to drop moonshine (you cans till host your own server with moonshine folks).

Zenith Cauldron. Good very well balanced big size map. Great for the inexperienced and the /veterans/. The EU and US community likes this map also does well in pubs.

Fallout. Pretty much the same as zenith, Good big sized map for when servers are getting fuller. Community likes it.

The core. EU community likes this, US has mixed feelings. It is a more intermediate big map, considering the other maps are all inexperienced friendly we can do this so that people keep improving at the game. Also considering EU community likes it and the US community has mixed feelings about it we gave it the benefit of the doubt (see euros we also listen to you, fyi I am a euro).
EU community I fought for core just for you, <3 me.

Gorge. Suprise! This map hardly comes on but it is there! For those rare days when the servers are above 16+ players for 1-2 hours we decided to throw this in. It has a small pop up chance so that when those days come on you wont be in a loop of zenith core fallout.

Why we did not put Genesis in! Genesis is a hard map, wich ended up in mixed feelings on the map. The map is suited for competitive play, not publics.

Why we did not put Mirage in! Even on 10 v 10 this map does not feel crowded, the map is huge and it is another hard up more suited for competitive play. People go from playing serious to TUNNELWARZ OMG LOLOLOLOL, does not help the ctf players. Not suited for publics.

Why we did not put Blade run in!. Huge map, most of the community does not like this. Even though if you do like the map this map kills publics. Maybe not in people dropping but the gameplay goes from serious to people just screwing around. Not suited for publics.

This is how I and a few other based the new rotation on. Put away your personal preferences and look at the facts. It is what we did aswell.

I never make these kind of big serious posts, the fact that I was willing to is because I just really wanted to let you guys know our reasoning behind it. In the end we are just going to have to wait on a smart voting system, untill then we really are doing our best and we are not rushing our decisions. It took us about 3-4 days to come up with a solid plan. Considering the small amount of players complaining I think we chose our decisions well. The ones that are complaining at the moment are here for personal preferences anyway (dont deny that please), got to look at the bigger picture.

Here is a picture of a dancing dog.
1332922267578.jpg
SO CLOSE TO MAKING A SERIOUS ONLY POST!

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Application makes a good point. I think everybody has had their personal preferences come in, and a lot of the time, there's an issue of squeaky wheels and the grease. I know that I am guilty of the personal preference thing time and again, but I do find that people dislike maps because they don't explore the potentials of the map. People hate stygian, though I don't know why. I would suppose that its about the lack of front routes that can be spammed, but I have found some routes that go through the side. The steep hills make chasing something that isn't impossible without the boost grenades, and it gives snipers a challenge.

I have found that most maps that people dislike are maps that work better with gameplay that doesn't fit the Zenith/Frost strategies and styles. Its time for the community to open their eyes to possibilities and embrace the good in these maps. One of the most simple definitions of intelligence is the ability to adapt. With the habits of the community to disparage maps because they don't play like frost and zenith and nivo, it indicates that as a whole, the community is as dumb as a *dancing* brick.

Pardon my strong feelings. Application-1 I understand why the devs made the choices that they did. I just don't like that the choices had to be made, that the data points used existed at all.

WhiteHawk

Omg muk.....just cause you don't like the map and can't do anything on that map.......Muk,Muk,Muk when shall you learn???

WhiteHawk

About what Pullete and Pete said.

Muk doesn't = The community
Muk = A little Kid

But now hen Jay wanted to change the map rotation a while back a lot of us community members agreed and nothing was done about it. Like Pete saaid we should listen to the community more. And that way more players will stay and more will come.

Freeman

RAYTANG
Omg muk.....just cause you don't like the map and can't do anything on that map.......Muk,Muk,Muk when shall you learn???
...what? muk makes a valid point when he says that moonshines a 2nd tier map. its never played in pickups anymore, a majority of people dislike the map (can you say heavy caps?), and it just doesn't make for fun balanced games. Good to see your just making pointless accusations instead of actually reading the read whitehawk.

personally, i have no problem with the map. but seeing it out of the rotation doesn't really grind my gears either.
About what Pullete and Pete said.

Muk doesn't = The community
Muk = A little Kid
i dont even know what this is supposed to mean.
But now hen Jay wanted to change the map rotation a while back a lot of us community members agreed and nothing was done about it. Like Pete saaid we should listen to the community more. And that way more players will stay and more will come.
i just read through both of his threads. not that many people actually voiced their concerns or their approvals(just checked to see who actually commented/what they said). Actually, some of the post even suggested to removed moonshine, so it looks like the devs are listening.

only real way to solve this would be to implement a vote map feature.

Jordahan

MLP_tolerate_and_love-(n1298853924898)-(n1301128566283)-(n1305752004146).png

Status
Not open for further replies.