Modes

Propkid

Nothing detailed, because whenever someone posts a detailed suggestion it sounds like if they are overly excited and doesn't get anywhere anyway.

So here it is: modes. Just like in Call of Duty series you get the normal mode, oldschool mode and hardcore more. Personally I'd love to have fully customizable game parameters, but since I know that isn't going to happen unless we all start modding the game, I suggest modes.

The purpose is as simple as catering for every group of players: old FE:L loving players (some of them showed themselves in my other thread), new FE:L loving players and something for complete newbies to gradually learn the game. Please don't suggest any settings for those modes below; you'll turn this thread into an argument without a purpose. Discuss the idea itself, don't try to contribute.

Of course (IMO) the modes shouldn't be an option in L:O right from the start. A critical playerbase needs to be reached- splitting the players up too early won't do the game any good. This will give time for testing and opinion collecting so that the modes are just as the players want them to be (ofc you shouldn't just give them whatever they ask for ;p)

What do you think?

Pushi

Ofcourse different game modes add variety to the game,like there was Rabbit and hunters on the nanu servers. We can expect something similar in the future as well. Also there are some new game mode ideas in the suggestions forum so you might wanna check them out.Would be nice if there would be more "competitive" game modes other then ctf and dm since rabbit was pretty much skii practice

Propkid

What I'm talking about is the game parameter modes. I assumed that everyone here knows them from CoD games- I guess I was wrong so let me explain in more detail.

Of course there will be FFA, CTF, TDM, rabbit and such gametypes. What I'm talking about is having modes on top of them to change game parameters, not rules. Eg: a 'hardcore mode' would result in increased fall damage and weapons damage. Players might also have decreased amount of fuel and ammo etc. Oldschool mode would probably bring some of the old FE:L's features back such as GL, the '3' bug (if it is talked of outloud in here ;D), old sniper etc. A newbie mode would have decreased player speeds and greater explosion radius/ slower chaingun overheat so that the new players can learn the game in a more comprehensible environment (many of my friends who tried Legions said the game was too fast and they couldn't hit anything). These modes would be available to choose on top of the gametype mode, so there would be matches such as HC FFA, oldschool CTF etc.

Not that I'm suggesting these particular modes, but I wish L:O had such an option.

A2

Just one question: If these modes were implemented, will there be separate servers for different modes, or chosen player-wise?

Propkid

Just one question: If these modes were implemented, will there be separate servers for different modes, or chosen player-wise?
All I want is modes. It's up to the devs how do they implement it. I don't want to throw in unnecessary details when I'm not the one designing the game anyway

And now my opinion/ how I'd like it to be ;D. Separate dedicated servers for noobcore modes, player voted or randomized modes in dedicated pubs. Player chosen modes on private matches (duh) and a special mode for competetive gameplay.

A Hardcore mode on Legions. <3
If we pull more out of the CoD series we could consider removing the reticule for that one ;D and the interface at all, leaving only the chat. No ammo/health display or the red/green squares indicating opponents/teammates...
Ok let's not sail too far with this ;]

totally!
there were some suggestions to bring deployables into the game and in not really up for that so i said that there could be a mod for that game type and a mod for the old legions gametype

If hardcore mode was implemented in Legions, I could see everyone being chain-*lady friends* firing across maps and receiving kills totally based on luck of the bullets' spread.

Propkid

If hardcore mode was implemented in Legions, I could see everyone being chain-*lady friends* firing across maps and receiving kills totally based on luck of the bullets' spread.
No? I mean unless someone is stationary, which they shouldn't be, then shooting CG across the map doesn't really hit.