Download Minimalistic HUD

Arch

Legions Developer
Minimalistic HUD

Update 1:
  1. Brought back the chat and placed it at the top.
  2. Brought back the ammo and placed a panel behind it.
**Note: The chat BG is just a static image and will not disappear with the chat. I am still currently working on a good way of doing that (in other words, asking Rockey). It will stay there when there are no chat messages.

What it includes:
  1. Skinned and moved the health and energy bars to the top left corner.
  2. Added a panel behind TrackTor.
  3. Added a panel behind FlagHud.
  4. Moved the chat to the top, decreased it's maximum height, and added a panel behind it.
  5. Moved Flag Actions text to the bottom.
  6. Removed "Need More Players..." and "Fire to Respawn" text.
  7. Removed Ammo Icons.
  8. Moved Ammo to the right and added a panel behind it.
  9. Moved the Clock to the bottom right corner.
  10. Moved the Speed Meter to the bottom.
Screenshots: First 2 do not have the TrackTor because I don't really use it and hid it.

Legions%202011-07-22%2018-19-14-40.jpg

Legions%202011-07-22%2018-20-02-98.jpg

Legions%202011-07-22%2018-22-59-55.jpg

Legions%202011-07-22%2018-37-44-24.jpg

Installation: Download Here
  1. Back up your mods folder!
  2. Place the two script files and the folder entitled "MiniHud" into your mods folder, "live\mods\autoexec".
  3. Place the png file in your hud folder, "live\client\gui\images\hud", and set as "Read-Only"
**Credits for the original scripts FlagHud and Tracktor, goes to RockeyRex.
**Reticles in the screenshots are Deskari's Reticles.

I think your placing for the hud clears up a nice space but if anyone liked it and wanted to use it for normal playing he can't because the chat is gone
how about making a version with the chat and on top of it the speed and the flag actions or place them as you like
and i think that phan wanted the last script request also for the movie config

Arch

Legions Developer
I think your placing for the hud clears up a nice space but if anyone liked it and wanted to use it for normal playing he can't because the chat is gone
how about making a version with the chat and on top of it the speed and the flag actions or place them as you like
and i think that phan wanted the last script request also for the movie config
If you delete the TopChat files the chat will be the normal chat. My goal was to get a chat frame at the top but I can't find a way to limit the amount of lines that will be visible in the window. If I were to leave it as it is, the amount of visible lines would push it down into the space that I was trying to conserve.

Yeah, he wanted a bigger free area for recording purposes. Makes it look prettier and more appealing.

Playing without the chat is not that bad. I have been for a bit now. Don't have to deal with those quick chat spammers and people making nonsence arguments about meaningless things.

Immanent

Man, good job! However, getting rid of the ammo image/numbers, assuming Ammowarning thing is in the zip file, might be inconvenient at times. But otherwise great work.

Arch

Legions Developer
Man, good job! However, getting rid of the ammo image/numbers, assuming Ammowarning thing is in the zip file, might be inconvenient at times. But otherwise great work.
Yeah, I will most likely be bringing the ammo numbers back.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
You should include Lionz flag timer in there as well.

The main reason I haven't started using the HUD here is because you get rid of the chat, and move everything like timer and speed meter to the bottom. If you moved those back to the top again and had chat in the normal place to begin with, more people would probably use this.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] If you [blah blah blah], more people would probably use this.
The beauty of customization: You can do it yourself. Really, it's no rocket science! Especially when it's "just" about moving HUD elements around on your screen. Have a look at the files, compare them to the original ones, everything should become clear.

It's really nice to see that more and more people get into modifying the vanilla files. It shows that those people care, and are willing to contribute something. It would be sad if that would lead to more "requests" for basic things that everyone could and can do. Instead it should lead to even more people understanding what they're doing. If it doesn't fit your needs or aesthetic preferences, make it fit!

Also:
[...] Want the chat back?: No problem. Delete the files/folder named "TopChat" and the Chat, Timer, and Speed Meter will return back to normal. [...]