Map Updates

Jello

Contributor
Click to download

Drydock - new map, I am horrible at making small maps so the routes to the left for beta are horrible, but I made up for that by giving front routes for OD grabs.....hopefully, will fix the routes for beta sometime this week, oh and that base you see there, it has a little room inside it :D
Legions 2016-02-29 23-52-43-35.png

TheCore - Several euros don't want me to fix the terrain apparently, usually when I edit terrain I just make the routes a lot more accessible/faster/smoother etc. but I just changed the terrain texture (Xzanth's suggestion or Apps...they sound alike) so that it's a lot easier to see, also had to change skybox and fog color because those looked horrendous with that terrain texture, smoothed out the base bowls/front and middle for routes. NO MORE SPAWNING UNDER MAP
Legions 2016-02-29 02-05-24-57.png

TheCorePUG - All I really did was just smooth out the base bowls/front and the middle section, I was too lazy to smooth out the routes Xzanth showed me.....and too much work. And also I raised the flagstand. Why? because it's much easier to grab :rolleyes:
TheCorePUG.png

Sleepwalker - there was a double flag (fixed), I added a new route for beta, and also edited the current one for alpha :) NO MORE SPAWNING UNDER MAP

Gorge - The front right beta bowl was throwing players a little higher than I wanted it to so I fixed that, NO MORE SPAWNING UNDER MAP
Gorge.png

Elegiac - Removed walls, edited the side terrain so players/cappers have more room to move in, here is a clip/image, don't know if I made this better or worse...up to you guys to decide, removed 2 towers on the left and right side of the map, base slides are still there
Legions 2016-03-01 01-21-36-43.png

Mirage - replaced flag stand so it's much easier to grab, gave both alpha and beta side routes, I could not for the love of god come up with a good left route for beta so you only have one side route
Legions 2016-03-01 13-46-51-80.png

Forstbyte - This God forsaken map has now in my opinion been "fixed", both back hills lowered. "Oh the Alpha back hill wasn't really the problem" well too bad. Back routes cannot be completed unless you use a good amount of your health and energy. I guess Devs can decide whether to add it or not.
Legions 2016-03-03 22-32-49-52.png
Legions 2016-03-03 22-32-59-30.png

Last edited:

Jello

Contributor
Update - Removed Elegiac walls, bases changed for Drydock and also added some new starting/ending routes for both Drydock and Elegiac, enjoy :)

Jello

Contributor
Update - lowered the back "slides" on Elegiac and removed the other two, replaced Mirage flag stand so it's much easier to grab, added several side routes as well, I wasn't able to come up with a good left route for beta so there's only one side route (right side), hopefully I'll think of something later. Image/video in original post :)

Oh dear, where could this have possibly come from :oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:

Jello

Contributor
Last map I'm editing for now. Would everyone object to this? Should I leave the side routes only and don't touch the middle? Or?

Xzanth

Legions Developer
My opinion is that side routes are fine on moonshine, but that its problem has always been how strong heavy capping is down the middle.

Last edited:

Application-1

test bester
Moonshine is a great map. No need to edit anything, after frost probably the best map in the game imo. Only problem it has is heavy caps through the middle which can be fixed by saying in a pug ok boys 1 HoF and no HO.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Moonshine is a great map.

qdy6wBa.jpg

Jello

Contributor
wow bro you really doing some work :eek:
:p:p:p:p:p Thanks lol

Moonshine is a great map. No need to edit anything, after frost probably the best map in the game imo.
I just think that if it were to be enhanced a little it would be pick a few times for PUGs. Current rotation now is Zenith-Qualm-Ottn-Frost-Qualm-Frost-Gorge, etc, Mirage should be played more often really...

My opinion is that side routes are fine on moonshine, but that its problem has always been how strong heavy capping is down the middle.
Can't really do anything there, both captains would have to agree with 1 HOF and no HO or no heavy at all

But seeing as how a few of you are fine with routes on there, guess I won't touch it

Jello

Contributor
Contingency's edit of Mirage was decent, too. He at least made it easy to traverse down the front quicker, and moved the bases closer.

https://mega.nz/#!FFNFUTZR!hWp7GvNoQ-Inr-u-JcxFYUm7_FYnm_XDErGZZYnaNhQ
These don't show up as an option to run them....they're in my missions folder but I don't see them when I go to create game or when I am in admin panel in game

Edit: Turns out you have to change SupportedGameTypes to GameType, and also have to add this
Code:
new SimGroup(MissionItemBans)
      {
         ban[EngineerCore] = 1;
      };

new SimGroup(spawnEnabled)
      {
         enabled = 0;
      }; 

new MissionArea() {
         canSaveDynamicFields = "1";
         Enabled = "1";
         startArea = "-1799 -1696 3525 3466";
         endArea = "-2004 -2004 3934 3993";
         texture = "legions/data/missions/border";
            flightCeiling = "300";
            flightCeilingRange = "20";
      };
within this
Code:
new SimGroup(Environment) {
      canSaveDynamicFields = "1";
      Enabled = "1";
After I did that and restarted client it worked

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
Yeah they were made ages ago, before the 1.4 update which changed how mission files are handled.

Jello

Contributor
Update (see original post) - lowered both back hills for Beta and Alpha on Frostbyte so now you have to use a good amount of your health/energy, IF this gets added I hope people can stop complaining about back routes :D By the way I hope you guys know that you have to download the maps through same link. Seems like a waste of time to keep adding links.

Jello

Contributor
TheCorePUG - All I really did was just smooth out the base bowls/front and the middle section, I was too lazy to smooth out the routes Xzanth showed me.....and too much work. And also I raised the flagstand. Why? because it makes life easier :rolleyes: the smoothing was also done for the regular core.
thecorepug-png.3482

Last edited: