Map Idea 2

Gravis

Last night I had an awesome thought about a new map idea that could be unique to Legions. Basically, we should take the idea of speed from Legions and combine it with the futuristic style of the Wipeout racing games (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzzNkI46X88&feature=related).

Think of a medium sized map about the size of Elegiac, except it's in space on a anti-gravity race track with 4 routes: 1 outside track route (like any circular NASCAR track) and 3 forward route tracks (from base/flag to base) split side by side and each have different obstacles, all ending up at one wide opening towards the flag. Included on these routes would be small boost and stuff like in Wipeout, as the idea will be a future racing theme. Since this is in space, anyone caught flying off the tracks will blow up.

So yeah, I figured it would be interesting to try a map that's not on some distant planet with earth-like hills, lol.

Delpicy

Its just that legions is all about "freedom of movement" and crap, and tyour idea is all about confined tracks. It doesn't make any sense. Wrong game. Also, anti-gravity would be ridiculous, as everything would haveta be MAs.

Gravis

Sorry, that was poor choice of description. I didn't literally mean anti-gravity and such. No, the idea would be based on a futuristic racing theme, as while it is based on freedom of movement, Legions is also based on speed. Maybe the center 3 routes could just be one massively wide track instead with hills of sorts, obstacles, and various boost. It'd also have sort of a roller coaster feel.

Anyway, I just figured it'd be cool to have something different other than planet-based maps, especially since this is suppose to be futuristic.

And no, epiclight, they wouldn't be.

Application-1

test bester
Wipeout on the playstation-1.
5353.awww-yeah.jpg

Anyways if this mean we have tunnels and the can make the ground go up like a wave. Then yes I am in.

I think it would be neat if we could automatically gain a speed of 100MPH at spawn. Then things would get interesting. Like boost pads on the surface :p

DKnight556

Why don't we make legions a racing game but, wait for it............. wait for it............ we replace the cars with legionares!!!! It will sell millions.

Gravis

Yeah, that'd be part of the idea Light. This is why I'd include obstacles as to make people with speed concentrate on their path to keep cappers from having obvious advantageous with forward routes with great speed. Tunnels would be an awesome addition too.

DKnight, I'll do ya one better! Imagine a racing game with Legionaries AND cars, except not a Transformers rip-off. It'd be likeTeam Rabbit on a race track with one person holding a flag of sorts, their teammates protecting them, all the while scoring through each lap while the enemy tries to take the flag to do the same. That would be epic.

DKnight556

DKnight, I'll do ya one better! Imagine a racing game with Legionaries AND cars, except not a Transformers rip-off. It'd be likeTeam Rabbit on a race track with one person holding a flag of sorts, their teammates protecting them, all the while scoring through each lap while the enemy tries to take the flag to do the same. That would be epic.
We turn this into ye old roman legionary. We make it about a roman legionary that flies around with leonardo da vinci's flying machine and you hock lugis onto your opponents. The flag is Helen who has been taken to Troy
leonardo-da-vinci-flying-machine.jpg

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
wipeout fusion was probably one of the best ps2 games ever, wipeout went ever so slightly downhill after that, but they are still great.

i say yes to the idea of something wipeout styled for a time trial game mode, or maybe even taking the "zone" game mode of the more recent wipeouts?
imagine zipping round the edge of fallout, getting faster and faster (while hitting the edge of the map causes large damage damage and bounces you back into the map, as well as increasing your speed) until you die.