LO for Mac Users

Royalty

The Aussie
I know there is an unofficial work-around, however as I think it is getting close to the point where the devs are ready to start advertising, the devs should begin, (or if the already have) start focusing on an official Mac build, which is as easy and simple to download as Legions on a Windows PC. I say this because many people are starting to use Macs and that if there wasn't Mac support at the point where the game is being advertised, we will lose many potential community members. Macs are becoming more and more common and we must be ready to support new players, half of which will use Macs.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Jesus, Royalty. The game is nowhere close to being advertised in the first place, and VERY few gamers have Macs to game on. Macs only own a small percentage-share in the computer market, even less in the gaming computer market.

oath2link

I don't think i can name one person who uses a mac to game on... maybe there is a reason for that..? the devs have more important things to be working on.

57thRomance

I don't think i can name one person who uses a mac to game on... maybe there is a reason for that..? the devs have more important things to be working on.
Me... sometimes...
@OT: I feel your pain, Royalty, but having a Mac OS X build isn't a priority that can or should be worked on right now. Right now, the main focus of the project is refining and redefining the Legions gaming experience to as stellar as it can be. Maybe in a few years *hint hint*, we'll have a programmer *hint hint* who can develop an OS X build, but for now, either try the unofficial work-around, create a separate partition on your Mac, or get a good gaming PC.

Royalty

The Aussie
Me... sometimes...
@OT: I feel your pain, Royalty, but having a Mac OS X build isn't a priority that can or should be worked on right now. Right now, the main focus of the project is refining and redefining the Legions gaming experience to as stellar as it can be. Maybe in a few years *hint hint*, we'll have a programmer *hint hint* who can develop an OS X build, but for now, either try the unofficial work-around, create a separate partition on your Mac, or get a good gaming PC.
I don't even have a mac lol. I just made this thread because if Legions supported Macs, we would get more players. I want more players! (especially aussies)

oath2link

If you want more players, tell your friends about the game. Or offer free beer to new game testers. Either method. Your choice.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
If you want to game. You will get a PC, if you want to go to Starbucks and prick around in iTunes, you get a Mac.

Astrum

Super Special R&D

Because there are virtually no games on OSX, therefore there are virtually no gamers, therefore there are no games on OSX, ad nauseum. It's a chicken and the egg problem combined with a bit of a hardware issue. Namely the only real extensible product they sell is very costly and isn't geared towards gamers. Though their iOS range is doing much better with gaming.

If you want more players, tell your friends about the game. Or offer free beer to new game testers. Either method. Your choice.

Realistically Legions primarily attracts two types of people. Younger gamers without disposable income who can't afford AAA title games or the hardware to run them, and older gamers who came from Tribes. There are others, but let's face it, Legions will always be a niche game.

If you want to game. You will get a PC, if you want to go to Starbucks and prick around in iTunes, you get a Mac.

The forum software you're currently using was developed on a Mac (or two, I know Kier uses one). iTunes must be pretty amazing if XenForo comes out of it. How do you people come up with these brain dead arguments against a bloody operating system?

As far as support for OSX I'd have to say no. The OSX gaming community is growing, especially with two major backers (Blizzard and Valve) and a bunch of indie developers, but Legions is still a niche game. It's not worth the development effort.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
The forum software you're currently using was developed on a Mac (or two, I know Kier uses one). iTunes must be pretty amazing if XenForo comes out of it. How do you people come up with these brain dead arguments against a bloody operating system?

You blithering idiot, when the hell did I say anything against iTunes, or Macs, infact? All I said was that if your main priority for a computer is to game, why the hell would you get a Mac?

57thRomance

If you want to go to Starbucks and prick around in iTunes, you get a Mac.
You know, iTunes is available for Windows as well, so you can do the same thing with a PC. Plus, you've basically made the implication that showing off is all Macs are good for, so it is technically a stereotype of Mac users.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
You know, iTunes is available for Windows as well, so you can do the same thing with a PC. Plus, you've basically made the implication that showing off is all Macs are good for, so it is technically a stereotype of Mac users.

So I was just saying that a majority of Mac users buy them to show off.

HURR DURR.

Astrum

Super Special R&D

You blithering idiot, when the hell did I say anything against iTunes, or Macs, infact? All I said was that if your main priority for a computer is to game, why the hell would you get a Mac?

So let me get this straight. This thread is about developing Legions so that it can run under OSX as well as Windows. There are two possible stances, you either support the idea or you don't. Personally I don't support it because of technical, legal, and logistical considerations involved.

Your argument is literally either you're a gamer with a PC, or you're a hippy douche with a Mac. This is a false dichotomy. Not only that, but it has nothing to do with the thread. Please explain to me how you can logically get from your false dichotomy to a conclusion of why there shouldn't be an OSX version of Legions.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
So let me get this straight. This thread is about developing Legions so that it can run under OSX as well as Windows. There are two possible stances, you either support the idea or you don't. Personally I don't support it because of technical, legal, and logistical considerations involved.

Your argument is literally either you're a gamer with a PC, or you're a hippy douche with a Mac. This is a false dichotomy. Not only that, but it has nothing to do with the thread. Please explain to me how you can logically get from your false dichotomy to a conclusion of why there shouldn't be an OSX version of Legions.
lol ok, you waste of time.