Levels & Badges

Vustom

I think it would be cool if you could earn EXP in Legions and Level up (35 Levels or so), With each rank comes a new Badge beside you're name (Only shows up in Lobby and in-game leaderboard Tab, And maybe on the website/forums in the future.)

Tell me what you think, I would love to have this as I'd be able to set a goal when I start playing Legions again.

Leveling up would not make you stronger in anyway, It would just be for showing off i suppose.

Hypnotoad

I think this has been discussed a few times in the past. I like the general idea, but there are certain drawbacks to it. CTF being one of them, it will turn players away from the objective and just become more like a deathmatch. I would welcome a ranking system as I too like to see game records and have some goals, adds a little more to the game. I suppose it all depends on how it would be implemented but I wouldn't like to see it have an impact on the gameplay itself.

Vustom

I think this has been discussed a few times in the past. I like the general idea, but there are certain drawbacks to it. CTF being one of them, it will turn players away from the objective and just become more like a deathmatch. I would welcome a ranking system as I too like to see game records and have some goals, adds a little more to the game. I suppose it all depends on how it would be implemented but I wouldn't like to see it have an impact on the gameplay itself.
You would get EXP for capping the Flag, along with extra EXP for killing a Flag carrier.

Also, Advanced stats like Black Ops or MW2 would be amazing.

A2

I'm against any form of leveling or achievements/awards/badges etc. Just one sentence - It distracts us from the main objective.

Vustom

I'm against any form of leveling or achievements/awards/badges etc. Just one sentence - It distracts us from the main objective.
When I play Black Ops or MW2 the Achievements, Awards & Badges don't distract me, but, everyones different. c:

Dacil

yeah some people find it distracting and some dont...I do and I dislike ranking in any game and in any way and in any area (personal, clans, etc.)

CapnSlaps

I always respected Legions for being fun and addicting without level ups and ranks,
but I did think it would be cool :]

Esuke-L

I agree that stats would be kool, (though no, not necessary) just as a way of checkin up on yourself, see where you're lacking, improving etc.

All else (levels/badges) isn't needed, like Vustom said, it'd just be for showing off.

I

IzRaPiDz

I'v always liked this idea, but for some reason i don't think they'l do it :?

I liked the stats site that came with the new servers, but I'm really against badges and ranks in-game. It doesn't contribute in anyway to the game, and some players will just want to focus on their kills, while people are trying to play a CTF.

The difference with games like COD is that there actually is an objective in COD. You can unlock new weapons and skills. In legions their are like 4 weapons.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Stats are more than good enough, you don't need to add a levelling system, it just adds more complexity that isn't really needed

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
If they ever do it, it will be for cosmetic purposes only to show who really has been playing the game for long. However, this is very doubtful.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Even stats distracted us from the main objectives of the game. We don't need something else that does the same thing. The game way perfectly fine without them. Just because its not implemented, doesn't mean it should. I'd say we're better without them IMO.

Wuzgud

Legions Developer
I like the idea of badges in Legions. I'm a fan of any achievement/badge system. Stats sound good too.

Siantlark

*Obligatory rant about how Legions is not generic FPS*

Okay. Stat tracking is okay for me but what disturbs me is when people go away from that and think that stats are the point of the game. They can be a great motivator but noobs and some others will probably try to stat farm their way into the leaderboards.

And thats never fun.