lets brainstorm on buffs

bethal

ok so please idea in practise, don't like just go "no or yes" please add to/nurf the idea so we get a community thought on the idea, like a... sorry harsh word on this game... a team :p

so first thought would be a buffer (not a healer), lets get this clear first, a buffer is someone who helps someone and not good themselves. giveing "buffs" like maybe *more power* *more health* *sheilds maybe* I dunno, it would have to do very carefull about whats in it.

here are some idea's quickly - outrider -mainly a capper and probably not a good buffer to stay in the base, so maybe an offence buffer??? health? some sort of circle on the floor to give armour buff if you jump in it? these would replace granades btw for bomber I am thinking (rename class too) and sniper maybe has a circle for more damage in it but hurts going in and out of it??? please insult my ideas :)

raider - ok the nades work well for this dude, the mr I can do anything, so no change to gunner the all round mo-fo. hornet and that other sniper could have banners/buff circles too? or a quick boost nade (self use ofc) to chase better (again self harm like rockit jumping but like a purfectly made rj so not OP, but usefull) this would be good for the snipers general issue at running out of power mid-air, that could just be me xD. enough about defence MORE OFFENCE, so mr rockit man, the one with the special rockit launcher needs buff, purfect candidate for a main offencive buffer. but I have no clue what to give him :/ I was thinking healing, but I don't want 7 healers and 1 outrider!!1! so maybe a no damage from OD circle? you know, "mr rockit man runs in, pops his banner/circle down, outrider steams in, steals flag with not much damage from ODing, and bamn, run run run" could work??? replacing nades again.

for the fatties - leave the 2 already there, people already use them very well I think, give the rockit one a offencive thing too. again, no freaking idea, I want ideas people! and give nader defending things. but thats abit OP no? I think so. so make another with just normal nade and CG and give him a very good buff thing. but I don't want a circle/banner/that will annoy cappers, there s enough defenive stuff. more like a banner/circle that will damage if you chill in there too long but give a dimishing buff after being in there 5secs lets say. but making it so people who annoy the defence a chance too, let everyone use it. I don't think this will make it silly, cos defenders will have time to chill in there for a few secs, and only succsefull attacks would be lucky to get it. I dunno, lets work on that too :p

so please insult the idea all you like, it might just give a few more tactics in the games if used well. just add/nurf the idea as you please.

as a note, to keep it from being everyone a buffer which is not the idea at all, (so nurf them if they seem a wee bit OP) a class tracker would work nicely :)

Dacil

i like the ideas of buffers, but maybe it wouldn't work so well for legions as it is now...its fast-paced generally (very little time if any to get buffers before skiing off to pwn people or be pwned) and I think buffs would work better if the game were more like tribes and tactic-based (slower play) so you have more time to "give buffs" (you mean one teammate gives a buff to another right? just so im clear its kinda like WoW?)

bethal

well yeah sort of like many MMO's (I won't say that word) but I was thinking more of an aoe version, like banners placed or aoe like nades that gave buffs, so it could be used on the move or during fights. so not to slow down with most of them, I only ment the fatties did that.

so most buffs would be instant by going past/though the aoe circle like thing.

a buff weapon I don't think would work tbh, it could only work as a healer like thing, but again, I don't want healers. so buff weapons would be abit of a must be tested bases but I can't see it working.

Propkid

You mean deployable items providing AoE buffs...

This isn't Global Agenda. Anything resulting in an advantage for you/ your team should require skill input. Deploying/throwing AoE buffers will give people an advantage without them working for/deserving it.

bethal

it's not skill to nurf yourself to help the rest of the team, but it is skill to place it in a good place while moveing/fighting. as well I was also thinking destroyable things, so yes there is skill there, choose to desroy it quickly or kill the guy quickly?buffs will of course diminish over time like I said, so people won't just get buff, run off. if you want to buff you'll need to stay close enough to it to keep it up. capper buffs would have to be placed on the cap route, again is that a good idea to show that the cappers comeing? will people make new routes hiding the buffers?

again it's a global advantage so not advantage at all, it's not like one team will get it and the other won't.

and please read the first line again as well...

Immanent

I don't like the idea of somebody flying around just to buff somebody up. IMO a waste of a player in a legit PuG. Nothing further to add :l

bethal

yeah I think they would have to be. to give people some sort of anti buffer tactics.

and what you mean Dacil?