Legions System Requirements

luiscm97

hey i have a doubt if i have a prosessor of intel atom wil it work y have a mini my laptop broke and i have this one if not ill use my little bros computer but ill be more confortable at my room so will intel atom fine or not

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
hey i have a doubt if i have a prosessor of intel atom wil it work y have a mini my laptop broke and i have this one if not ill use my little bros computer but ill be more confortable at my room so will intel atom fine or not

Even though Legions: Overdrive won't require an extremely powerful PC to run, I'm thinking the Atom may struggle with the game. Perhaps a Ion-based board would have more luck running L:O (the one coupled with a Nvidia GPU).

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
So the game will work smoother?
What can you tell us about lag? will it be again a crucial part of the game play? what about the PFT from Tribes? Could you implement it in L:O?
The netcode has been improved, so things should be smoother. Again, until we have a server running 24/7 at maximum capacity it is hard to guarantee anything. Of course lower pings will always have advantage, that is just the way it is.

Increased PFT will not work properly in Legions due to how quickly players move. Tribes was much more momentum based and had much less air contol, so PFT could somewhat effectively predict things for you. Legions is a whole different animal, so it requires different "tweaks."

Proper net tweaks are possible (and already exist) but most likely almost everything implemented will automatically adjust itself and not be something users will have control over. This is because it places people on a relatively even ground by ensuring those with superior knowledge cannot take advantage over others and ignorant players won't be accidentally using less than desirable settings.

57thEnryu

er, I have a GeForce 5200, any chance that it will run (at atleast 20 fps with legion lite) on there? If not I have access to better pc's at my college.

Freeman

RAYTANG
whats the latest system requirements?
from the FAQ
System Requirements

Minimum Requirements
  • Windows XP SP3 with latest updates, Windows Vista™ SP2 with latest updates, or Windows 7™ with latest updates.
  • ATI Radeon™ x800 or NVIDIA GeForce™ 6800/8400
  • DirectX 9.0c (Windows XP™) or DirectX 10 (Windows Vista™, Windows 7™)
  • Processor: Pentium® 4 2.2 GHz, Core® 2™ Duo 1.6 GHz, AMD Athlon™ 64 2.08 GHz or better
  • RAM: 512 MB of available system memory
  • Internet Access Required
Recommended Requirements
  • Windows XP SP3 with latest updates, Windows Vista™ SP2 with latest updates, or Windows 7™ with latest updates.
  • ATI Radeon™ HD3850 or NVIDIA GeForce™ 8600
  • DirectX 9.0c (Windows XP™) or DirectX 10 (Windows Vista™, Windows 7™)
  • Processor: AMD™ 4200+ or Core® 2™ Duo 2.2 GHZ
  • RAM: 1024 MB of available system memory
  • Internet Access Required

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
Rofl, the first computer I played legions on was a 6800 with an 1.6 AMD and a gig of ram on XP.

Legions runs fine for me with this system, but the new Nebula Station map will load but locks up whole system before GUI of map appears- 2005 Sony all-in-one computer (VGC-VA10G) with ASUSTek "Enlil" mobo; P4 "Prescott" CPU 3.00GHz (Instruction Set only goes up to SSE2); ATI Radeon Mobility X700 Graphics card (w/ only 128 MB G-Ram & Pixel Shader 2 only); & the max amount of System Ram you can install is 1GB! And out of that 1 GB comes your O.S. (Win 7 32-bit) & whatever else that's downloaded. At any given time my meter shows System Memory @ 55% in use which leaves only about 400MB for Legions to run on, + the 128 MB G-Ram which is slightly more than a 1/2 GB total Ram, and as I've stated gameplay is fine (except for Nebula Map).