Legions on the App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graeme171

Hey, I know Legions is only on PC's for the time being, but if and when there is a mac version (which I would greatly appreciate, as I have no PC's) I think it would be a great idea to put it on the mac app store either for free or not (I don't really care, I'd pay for it if I had to :)

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
If you read the FAQ it states: Therefore nothing shall appear on the (imo rather dumb) Mac App Store - where developers get a 70% share of their sale. Makes plenty of sense - why buy directly from the producer when you can put a middleman in it, thus reducing the profit a company makes?
WILL THERE BE A MAC VERSION?

Mac support won’t be provided at launch. We’d like to offer a Mac build in the future, but there is currently no ETA for this support.

Therefore nothing shall appear on the (rather dumb) Mac App Store - where developers get a 70% share of their sale. Makes plenty of sense - why buy directly from the producer when you can put a middleman in it, thus reducing the profit a company makes?

Dacil

seriously.................seriously?.........wow.....
rolleyes.png

Graeme171

1st of all, I have read the FAQ's (read my first sentence Hey, I know Legions is only on PC's for the time being, but if and when there is a mac version) and 2nd of all, this would get Legions a TON more publicity, and 3rd of all, Legions is free right now, so even 70% of profits (if there was a cost) would be better than it is already.

Well, being a beta, they don't actually Want a massive amount of publicity.

It takes a certain type of mind to keep playing because they see the Potential of the game, as opposed to saying, well, this is rather shite, and leaving forever (and not coming back when the beta is finished).
First impressions are everything for most people.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
We can't make any money off of it anyways -- that was part of the agreement that allowed us to work on it in the first place. We can accept donations, but they go towards server upkeep and the like. (And, seriously, they are SO needed right now.)

If the game ever does get ported to the Mac (and right now, we don't have the expertise in the team necessary to make that happen), then popping it up on the Mac App Store would make a good deal of sense -- for free, of course. =)

Graeme171

Well, being a beta, they don't actually Want a massive amount of publicity.

It takes a certain type of mind to keep playing because they see the Potential of the game, as opposed to saying, well, this is rather shite, and leaving forever (and not coming back when the beta is finished).
First impressions are everything for most people.
oh, ok that makes sense

We can't make any money off of it anyways -- that was part of the agreement that allowed us to work on it in the first place. We can accept donations, but they go towards server upkeep and the like. (And, seriously, they are SO needed right now.)

If the game ever does get ported to the Mac (and right now, we don't have the expertise in the team necessary to make that happen), then popping it up on the Mac App Store would make a good deal of sense -- for free, of course. =)
sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.