Legions on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

listman

If anyone is interested in running legions on linux please let me know. I be working on getting it to run w/ wine but will need some feedback/help to test on other systems.. I'll be testing F14 with wine rpm and built from source.
Thanks.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yeah, I'm planning to try it on my 10.10 ubuntu system, see if I can get it going. The computer is oldish though so I don't know how likely it will be.

listman

Well for now all I can say is the launcher works with the following without errors. (of course I can not login yet)
Fedora Core 14
wine-core-1.3.9-1.fc14.i686
winetricks installs
DotNet 2.0
allfonts (corefonts will not provide fonts needed so didnt waste my time picking through the others)
Guess we'll have to wait for the public release to know any more.

Hey im running ubuntu lucid and i downloaded wine and winetricks and got the dot net 2.0. I got the login screen up and running but when i go to log in it never gets pass the login screen. i was wondering if u were having the same problems?

UPDATE: well its still not working and in the terminal it keeps repeating this error "fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread info class 16 not supported yet"

Defender

I think this is a great idea.. a game like tribes, caller Legends, already runs on windows and linux..
This would bring in a lot of new players from the linux community would it not?.
I multi boot, Xp, W7, Pinguy Linux, Sabayon Linux, Ultmate edition 2.8 Linux, etc..

listman

sorry guys I havent been any help lately, im away from home right now but I should have some free time to get things setup on my laptop to do some more testing, thanks to all who are helping on this. rebooting for just one game is just a pain and shouldnt have to be done if you ask me :)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
sorry guys I havent been any help lately, im away from home right now but I should have some free time to get things setup on my laptop to do some more testing, thanks to all who are helping on this. rebooting for just one game is just a pain and shouldnt have to be done if you ask me :)

No problems mate, I'll keep the work up and hopefully we can get it going. + I hate restarting !

Siper

Private Tester
I have ubuntu on a partition drive, if I can have legions run from there that'd be great! I support this thread and once I get some free time and patience I'll go on trying to get legions to run on it. pretty sure my ubuntu version is updated to the latest version 10.10 or something..

Haptic

I have ubuntu on a partition drive, if I can have legions run from there that'd be great! I support this thread and once I get some free time and patience I'll go on trying to get legions to run on it. pretty sure my ubuntu version is updated to the latest version 10.10 or something..
Ditto.

Thinking about getting virtualbox running inside linux and seeing if it will run on that.

xchris2168x

Just an update on where (I think) the problem lies in trying to get Legions running on Linux. Thanks to Fireblasto's earlier posts and a little bit of digging around on the web, I was able to eliminate any error messages when opening up the launcher. However, I'm still getting the following code:

Code:
fixme:sync:CreateMemoryResourceNotification (0) stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
fixme:crypt:CRYPT_RegControl CERT_STORE_CTRL_AUTO_RESYNC: stub
fixme:crypt:CRYPT_RegControl CERT_STORE_CTRL_AUTO_RESYNC: stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="IBM437"?>
<Settings>
  <Login>
    <RememberMe name="xchris2168x">Disabled</RememberMe>
  </Login>
  <Patcher>
    <ClientMods>Disabled</ClientMods>
    <AutoLaunch>Disabled</AutoLaunch>
    <LastChan>
    </LastChan>
  </Patcher>
</Settings>fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"LAuth.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"LAuth.resources"
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetFamilyName No support for handling of multiple languages!
fixme:gdiplus:GdipCreateHalftonePalette stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Web"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW (0x1e35b8,0x45fdcd0,0x45fdccc),stub!
fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead!
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request: stub
fixme:ras:RasConnectionNotificationW (0xffffffff,0x1e0,0x00000003),stub!
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl 0x00000001, 0x45fdc60
fixme:winhttp:WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl 0x00000002, 0x45fdc60
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request: stub
fixme:secur32:schan_InitializeSecurityContextW Using hardcoded "NORMAL" priority

Now judging by the documentation on Wine, the fixme's are features that have yet to be implemented (leading me to a dead end). I understand Linux isn't supported by the dev team, but I thought I'd post this in case it may come in handy in the future.

57thRomance

If you guys try getting it working on Linux using Wine, you have to get the .NET framework (at least 2.0) and Direct X (at least 9.0) before running the launcher. Using minimum requirements obviously doesn't get you stellar graphics, but hey, at least you can get Legions to work (hopefully).

xchris2168x

If you guys try getting it working on Linux using Wine, you have to get the .NET framework (at least 2.0) and Direct X (at least 9.0) before running the launcher. Using minimum requirements obviously doesn't get you stellar graphics, but hey, at least you can get Legions to work (hopefully).

I did get the Launcher to load up... the problem was that some of the features of Visual Basic aren't supported in Wine just yet. If the dev team feels like it (or if they'd be willing to share the launcher code), they could check out using Mono. I know Mono's got a program called MoMA which makes it pretty easy to convert VB code into Mono code.

trinium

Private Tester
OK , so i'm not sure what the current status of all this is , i took a look over at wineHQ and it seemed in limbo, but i would really <3 to get this working because i had to install a windows partition just to play this game :<
Has anyone tried the latest beta release of wine and/or playonlinux?
I'm thinking we might be coming at this from the wrong angle ... I thought i saw something about a mac version up and running. I'm wondering if it would be easier to port that port :/ as Mac OS is unix based.
I could use some help / comments / logs from people who have been trying to get this to work. Especially if anyone has narrowed down the missing windows/.net/whatever dependencies.

cgltower

When i get some time soon ill try it out for Linux. I posted a InstantAction project on winehq (i think the site was) bak in the day. But with a self .exe now and not in browser, it should be totally do-able without Crossover but with Wine.

Metreon

I was able to get it running on my laptop (at the time running Linux Mint 9) using Wine and in XP via Virtualbox (on that same machine.) It really wasn't worth it though- the thing had a GMA4500 in it, which isn't at all gameworthy to begin with, let alone after the extra strain all that emulation and VM business puts on it. Intel drivers might have helped these things play nice, but the FPS was slower than my sister's cat and there was a really nasty artifact problem. My semester has just ended however, and considering I too have a Windoze partition that exists solely for gaming, I think I'm going to get cracking on this myself (if only to spare me a few reboots.)

I'd suggest Cedega but that appears to have been killed (and it cost, when it was alive.)

I have a few things I'm going to work on. Virtualbox and WINE are where I'll start (though I doubt highly that Vbox willdo much good on my main system, which has an nVidia card) and perhaps something like Xen or KVM.

Worth a shot, methinks.

cgltower

Cedega is dead. The service finished up in february. However, the code lives on!! under Gametree, transgaming's new video game set top box development program. Sounds weird, but theyre not letting their cider (for mac) and cedega for linux users out in the cold.

Grab Gametree for Linux by registering as a developer (free) on http://gametreedeveloper.com/

then browse to
https://gametreedeveloper.com/linux

Theres a debian/ubuntu version, redhat/fedora version and gentoo/slackware version downloads.

Cant wait to try myself but a little busy atm!

Status
Not open for further replies.