Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerMarket

Heisenberg.
I don't have screenshots but the scores were as follows:

Whiteout 6-5 Ucan
Frostbyte 3-2 Tyler
Sleepwalker 8-7OT Ucan

Good series overall...i had to get Homing, Frez and Blink for the third game because we were taking too long between games but other than that I'm glad most of my players who said they would be there showed up

If my team isn't out I'd definitely be ok for rematches.. Or even if another tournament starts(hopefully not in another 2 years) I'll definitely sign up if it's more organized and we can get more people to sign up

I don't have screenshots but the scores were as follows:

Whiteout 6-5 Ucan
Frostbyte 3-2 Tyler
Sleepwalker 8-7OT Ucan

Good series overall...i had to get Homing, Frez and Blink for the third game because we were taking too long between games but other than that I'm glad most of my players who said they would be there showed up

If my team isn't out I'd definitely be ok for rematches.. Or even if another tournament starts(hopefully not in another 2 years) I'll definitely sign up if it's more organized and we can get more people to sign up

Yeah, that Sleepwalker game was def the most fun I've had in a LONG while, you guys managed to get like 2-3 caps in the last 2 minutes of the game causing us to go into overtime, and Jello on your team chased like crazy.

Accelerate

Private Tester
Yeah, this tournament wasn't really organized. I really hope for a more organized tournament in the future. I would prefer if there was a new organizer as well.

Jello

Contributor
<!-- Begin Rant -->

It's not really that it wasn't organized, it's just that the people who said they were going to play and show up, didn't stick to their word. Not only did you guys get to pick the times you play, you also got to pick your teams, and the maps you want to play, if it was me I would've just thrown everyone's name in a hat and picked from there. If anyone should be blamed about this tournament "not going the correct way" it should be the people who said they were going to show up but never did and the people who *dancing* about being on a "bad" team and didn't want to play. Once one person decides to *dancing* about this tournament being bad, everyone *dancing* too, why not say it from the beginning that "this tournament is just going to end like every other tournament we've tried to do in legions" instead of keeping your mouth shut and waiting for 1 person to light the fire. It doesn't need a new/better organizer it's the guy's first time doing this and if anything it needs new players who are actually going to stick to their words about showing up and playing, and players who won't *dancing*. Could this tournament have gone better? Yes, but none of you stepped up to the *dancing* plate, only he did. You want a better tournament? Host that *chocolate cookies* yourselves and hope for a better outcome. Now shut the *dancing* up and just play the dam game.

<!-- End Rant -->

Last edited:

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
The rules are basically ones that I made and gave to joker myself. If you get placed on a team, play it out. Otherwise, don't sign up for the tournament. We don't have a lot of people as it is so if a first or second pick quits its basically a loss for that team. The games that I had were close anyway, but two teams have only been able to get 4 players so far and the other needed a couple of subs.

The biggest problem so far besides the quitting is probably the communication between captains and the communication between captains and team members. People have come to me basically saying that their captains don't talk to them at all. Its not that hard people. 8-9 of my members are always ready on time that day.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
If you guys want it more organized, run your own league/league. Simple as that. Im doing my best for my first time. Will update tomorrow

I don't know why you hide behind this as an excuse for not accepting any critique and refusing to change anything because 'It's too late now'.

It's great that you put in the time and effort to get this tourney off the ground; I respect you for that, but in my opinion this tourney shouldn't have gone ahead with such lacklustre rules. The only other big issue other than people not showing up is the fact that the teams are obviously not balanced from the getgo. I know it's a competition but for a 'first run', it makes sense, at least for me, that the teams be at least roughly balanced.

I don't know why you hide behind this as an excuse for not accepting any critique and refusing to change anything because 'It's too late now'.

It's great that you put in the time and effort to get this tourney off the ground; I respect you for that, but in my opinion this tourney shouldn't have gone ahead with such lacklustre rules. The only other big issue other than people not showing up is the fact that the teams are obviously not balanced from the getgo. I know it's a competition but for a 'first run', it makes sense, at least for me, that the teams be at least roughly balanced.

The rules were suggested and made in ts3 by the other captains with input by some of the developers, not Doom, don't just blame him if you want to blame someone. And it was balanced because whoever had first pick first round, got last pick second round and so on. Ucan> Tyler> Doom> Accel First round, then second round would be Accel>Doom>Tyler>Ucan.

The point system is fine, if everyone showed up we would have had awesome games, and we did!

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
The rules were suggested and made in ts3 by the other captains with input by some of the developers, not Doom, don't just blame him if you want to blame someone.

Please reread my post, I never said nor implied that I was personally blaming Doom or anyone else in particular. This again is critique; look how you respond it.

And it was balanced because whoever had first pick first round, got last pick second round and so on. Ucan> Tyler> Doom> Accel First round, then second round would be Accel>Doom>Tyler>Ucan.

Sure this is a standard pick process for four teams, however, while I respect each Captain for volunteering, there is a clear mismatch in terms of skill level of captains. Doom and Tyler for example did not captain pugs at all at the time they volunteered and ended up with what most people here I think would agree were weaker teams, especially compared to Ucan's. (IIRC Tyler has done some captaining in Pugs now). Now even this isn't a massive problem, the issue occurs when it's suddenly deemed it's okay to run the tourney with these mismatched teams, with suddenly no one caring about if these games are reasonably balanced to give each team a chance on paper.

The point system is fine, if everyone showed up we would have had awesome games, and we did!

Fine? Perhaps, but massive room for improvement, which fell (and still does) on deaf ears. I have no doubts in my mind that the games played were enjoyable, but again, with the amount of subs in general each team other than Ucan's had per game, that the teams did indeed become somewhat balanced. If this tourney had played out with the teams without subs as they were, I can guantee several games would have been stomps with inevitably people quitting and not wanting to do another tourney again. With how few players are around, I think heavy care should have been devoted to that consideration; in my opinion it just wasn't.

Last edited:

Armageddon

Teapot
It's really no ones fault at all or errybodies, with how small our group (i doubt it qualifies as a community at this point) is and unreliable and bitchy it was bound to fail but joker took a risk and tried which is commendable.
Rules/guidelines will never be 100% agreed with anything, same goes for teams etc etc Everyone has an opinion and even more opinions after the fact. The only thing all this bitching does is keep this topic open.

side notes..
Doom and Tyler for example did not captain pugs at all at the time they volunteered and ended up with what most people here I think would agree were weaker teams
1. PUGs should have never been the focus of this community. hows the growth..
2. Everyone left in the game is in my eyes decent enough to play comp. Don't insult the last few players in the game.
3. Where is gheist when you need him to slap some sense into you.

Jello

Contributor
Joker's team was weak
The team wasn't weak, if Shaska had played we would've had a good chance at a couple of wins but he just upped and left and Rising wasn't responding, neither was Enryu, nor was Shisk

Why is this argument still going?

We tried, we failed, continue on with the rest of the tournament, *dance* whatever happened in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.