Legions Mini League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzanth

Legions Developer
It was agreed by me and Ucan to start August 15th because we want everyone to play. Accel didnt say nothing, Tyler timed out or something. If this is a problem for anyone, let me know in PM.
It's summer, someone is bound to be away at some point or other, delaying the entire league because of someone being away is just silly but whatever, it's your tournament.

Anyway this question is still unanswered:
Have you thought the scoring system through completely? What happens if there's a tie? There could even be a 3-way tie for second most points or a 4-way tie for 1st.

And no ties, winner must be determined. Read under rules.
You have misunderstood, the tie question is about deciding who plays the final.

Doomsify

It's summer, someone is bound to be away at some point or other, delaying the entire league because of someone being away is just silly but whatever, it's your tournament.

Anyway this question is still unanswered:

You have misunderstood, the tie question is about deciding who plays the final.

i dont think anyone will tie since its 3 weeks. but we will see. i will think it through on what happens. and not delaying it, just giving time for people to practice as a team.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Gonna give my honest feedback on everything here, welcome to replies.

August 15th - September 6th
If you want to play during a weekday go for it,
other then that most games will be on weekends.

Dates seem fine, but how can the match date and time be arranged? If it's between captains they need to organise it between themshelves, report to Doom and subsequently this topic should be updated probably at the end of this.

The league will be for 3 weeks. Every week a team will play one game against a different team. Its a Best of 3 series.
Top two teams with the most points at the end of the third week will play against each other to determine a winner.
The league will be a point system (1 point for a map win)
If it goes to 3 maps one team will end up with 1 point and the other will end up with 2

No issues here, point system is fair and certainly gives the team that 2-0's the advantage.

The tournament will be a 8v8 tournament. (2 subs for each team)

As a sub myself, can we get some calfication here? Is a team allowed a max of 2 subs per game? Or per best of 3? Or over the course of the competition? It's a bit vague what you mean here by 2 subs.

Starting Maps (First map played)
The first map for both teams is already decided.
Week 1 - Frostbyte PuG (Not regular Frostbyte)
Week 2 - Zenith
Week 3 - Whiteout
Captains must discuss a few days before the match on what map they want
if they lose so both teams can get practice on the map.
Before the map starts the team captains will do a coin flip to decide side.

For losing team only (Maps decided by captains)
The losing team after the starting map will then decide on the next map:
Core (Counter Pick)
Elegiac (Counter Pick)
Forgotten (Counter Pick)
Frostbyte (Counter Pick)
Gorge (Counter Pick)
On Throughout the Night (Counter Pick)
Qualm (Counter Pick)
Ravine (Counter Pick)

Okay, this is somewhat dumb. Mainly because if one team wins both maps, they would have had no choice on what map they actually want to play! Although I'm sure they'd have been happy to win both maps, I know some players actually prefer certain maps and not being able to choose them at any point would suck (I.e. Euro's and Core) Here's how I would do it:

Have all teams decide what map AND side they want. As there is always going to be 2 maps played it seems fair to give both teams a choice on what map they want to play on. In case both captains want the same map and side, the map is played twice with each team on each side. If it is a 1-1, then go to referenced map for that week, so:

Week1 - Frostbyte PUG
Week2 - Zenith
Week3 - Whiteout

And have an independent third party flip a coin to determine what side each team is on.

Here are the maps I would say are playable in a competitive 8v8 setting (Up for discussion):

Elegiac
Fallout
Forgotten
Frostbyte
Frostbyte PUG
Gorge
Qualm
Ravine
Core
Whiteout
Zenith

To further help map diversity, if a map is the designated 3rd map for that week, it cannot be picked by the captains.

Rules:
One sniper per team (can be offensive sniper or defensive sniper)
One Sentinel per team (most likely going to be HoF, but do as you wish)
Substitute situation:
You can have a sub only if its someone from your team/roster. You can not use other players from other teams. (If you cant make it on match day talk to your captain in advance)
No ties on a map. Winner must be determined. If no one can cap in overtime map must be restarted, first one to cap wins.

Screen shots on each map must be posted for evidence.

Everything will be updated here: http://challonge.com/LegionsMiniLeague

Mostly everything is fine here, although I think the 1 Sent rule should be instead 1 HoF and 1 Heavy O. Passing between the heavies would not be allowed and would be penalized (i.e. enemy team gets an extra cap).

Somewhat confused on what you mean by "You can have a sub only if its someone from your team/roster." I presume you mean you can only have a sub if a member on your team cannot play? And thus can then take from the player sub list, which should also be included at the bottom of the teams listing on the original post.

Screenshot for the end of each map is also good!

Only thing I would also list as a requirement is make sure the captains have made their teams read these rules before the first match, as they would be held accountable if one of their team members broke one of these rules.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Okay, this is somewhat dumb. Mainly because if one team wins both maps, they would have had no choice on what map they actually want to play! Although I'm sure they'd have been happy to win both maps, I know some players actually prefer certain maps and not being able to choose them at any point would suck (I.e. Euro's and Core)
My team will be perfectly happy when we win all maps and don't get to pick one.

With what FireBlasto said, I agree that a designated map should be played as the final map if there are ties. Let each team pick their maps and sides for the first 2 games.

BUT, since there will be disagreements on what selection of maps should be allowed to play, I believe there should be a vote held. All 23 optional maps (not counting the 3 designated maps) and the community gets a pick of 10 of their favorites. Whichever 10 it is, will be the maps allowed for the tournament.

Homingun

From what I'm observing in this thread, there wasn't much real discussion as to how this should be done by all the captains. Silence does not mean agreement for several reasons (afk, dc, thinking, etc.). So I would recommend that as captains, all of you fully discuss (privately) and come to a general consensus.

Doomsify

Tyler wants to do 3 maps a game not best of 3. So basically a team has a chance to get 3 points. If someone goes afk they should let us know.

TylerMarket

Heisenberg.
Captains are supposed to speak for their teams and their team needs...also joker asked me to help back when he brought it up

I think for now, we should proceed ahead but the next tournament (If we do have one) should be heavily towards the community's suggestions.

Doomsify

Im just doing my best to run a tournamemt and have some competition for the community. Everyone just have fun and play Legions.

Krakyn

1. 1st place boys obviously
2. badboys
3. unicorn princesses
4. goat

they have dino+jimmyjams+application trio of all-stars which is not defeatable

How do you figure unicorn princesses is below badboys?

For cappers, they have Xtreme, Xzanth, Jicker, and Frez. Sin as HoF, Homie chase, Accel as LO.

Even shaska can't carry all of badboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.