Legions intro video.

Application-1

test bester
Funny you bring that up. Someone from Egocentric made a new video explaining Tribes, and I thought 'Legions needs one of these'. There's literally nothing on the website explaining what the game is.
Alright let us do this. Please post what you would like to see in the video so that I simply dont forget important points. Game is still bound to change so lets not go into detail too much.

Shizzle I say in the video:

-----Intro to the game-----
Legions: Overdrive is a unique, fast-paced, first-person shooter that is all about going fast.
Jetpacks allow the player to fly high up into the air and Jetboots(idk a word for this yet) to glide over the terrain. This is referred to as skiing (the original devs called this 'skating' I believe, to disassociate the game from Tribes).

By jetting up while going over a hill and jetting down when going down a hill, a player can achieve high speeds while crossing the map.

Most weapons are projectile-based, which means the player has to lead their shots in order to hit their target.
Combined with the high speeds that players are traveling at, this makes Legions: Overdrive a highly skill based shooter.

The mechanic which makes Legions: Overdrive stand out amongst other fast-paced shooters are cores.
Cores give players special abilities, such as Overdrive. The Overdrive core allows players to maneuver around tight angles at high speeds, but at the cost of health. Other cores are available, with new ones currently being added.
-----CTF-----
The most played game mode in Legions is Capture the Flag. In order to score a point, your team must grab the enemy flag and bring it home to your own flagstand. Your team's flag must be home to capture the enemy flag. First to 10 points (captures) wins.
Teams commonly consist of 7 to 9 players, with each player spawning in their own unique loadout. Some loadouts focus on offense while others on defense.
-----Small description of roles-----
The offensive roles are light offense, heavy offense and the capper.
Light offense spawn in the Outrider or Raider classes and try to disrupt the opposing team by fighting in and around the enemy base.
Heavy offense is similiar to light offense but they spawn as Sentinel and use heavy weapons. Heavy offense prefers to fight the enemy from a distance.
(can I add base assets to this?)
Cappers spawn in either the Outrider or Raider classes and try to capture the enemy flag. This role is all about going fast. If the capper grabs the flag but is going too slow,he becomes an easy target for the opposing team's defense. A slow grab is refered to as a llama grab.
The defensive roles are light defense, heavy on flag and the chaser.
Light defense spawns in the Raider class and defends the base from incoming enemies.
The heavy on flag spawns as the sentinel class. Heavy on flag (aka the HoF) stands on or around their flagstand and tries to ward off incoming cappers.
The chaser spawns in the outrider or raider class. It's their job to spot incoming cappers and chase them down if they manage to grab the flag.
-----Highlighted scenarios-----
When your team's flag is stolen and the chaser is unable to secure the return, then your team will need to perform an emergency grab or e-grab to prevent the opposing team scoring a point. An e-grab is performed by simply picking up the enemy flag and throwing it out of their base in a spot for your team to pick-up. Most of the time this will delay the enemy from capping, giving you more time to return your flag.
When both teams have taken each other's flags, this situation is known as a standoff. The flag is then held by the HoF because he has the most survivability. Everyone that had a defensive role will defend the HoF, and everyone that had a offensive role will go to the enemy base and will try to retrieve their flag. Most of the time they are supported by your teams chaser giving offense the advantage.
-----Round-up-----
Legions:O verdrive is a fast-paced and tense game that will keep you on your toes. It is free to play (free to play has a different meaning these days) so you can download it right now at legionsoverdrive.com

stefygraff

Private Tester
C0res? ... if we can't get into details, then that video covers it all. Its best if we wait the next update

Application-1

test bester
Alright I updated the OP with how I want to handle things in the video.
Grammar nazis you are welcome, please correct every mistake I made in a sentence/word so that it will look clean.

And you can always mention some more ideas.

Vox

This is a good idea. My suggestion is to also cover each individual weapon as well as a general overview of modifications for the game.

Fixious

Test Lead
Alright let us do this. Please post what you would like to see in the video so that I simply dont forget important points. Game is still bound to change so lets not go into detail too much.

Shizzle I say in the video:

-----Intro to the game-----
Legions: Overdive is a unique, fast-paced, first-person shooter that is all about going fast.
Jetpacks allow the player to fly high up into the air and Jetboots(idk a word for this yet) to glide over the terrain. This is referred to as skiing (the original devs called this 'skating' I believe, to disassociate the game from Tribes).

By jetting up while going over a hill and jetting down when going down a hill, a player can achieve high speeds while crossing the map.

Most weapons are projectile-based, which means the player has to lead their shots in order to hit their target.
Combined with the high speeds that players traverse at, this makes Legions: Overdrive a highly skill based shooter.

The mechanic which makes Legions: Overdrive stand out amongst other fast-paced shooters are cores.
Cores give players special abilities, such as Overdrive. The Overdrive core allows players to maneuver around tight angles at high speeds, but at the cost of health. Other cores are available, with new ones currently being added.
-----CTF-----
The most played game mode in Legions is Capture the Flag. In order to score a point, your team must grab the enemy flag and bring it home to your own flagstand. Your team's flag must be home to capture the enemy flag. First to 10 points (captures) wins.
Teams commonly consist of 7 to 9 players, with each player spawning in their own unique loadout. Some loadouts focus on offense while others on defense.
Light offense spawn in the Outrider or Raider classes and try to disrupt the opposing team by fighting in and around the enemy base.
Heavy offense is similiar to light offense but they spawn as Sentinel and use heavy weapons. Heavy offense prefers to fight the enemy from a distance.
(can I add base assets to this?)
Cappers spawn in either the Outrider or Raider classes and try to capture the enemy flag. This role is all about going fast. If the capper grabs the flag but is going too slow, he becomes an easy target for the opposing team's defense. A slow grab is refered to as a llama grab.
The defensive roles are light defense, heavy on flag and the chaser.
Light defense spawns in the Raider class and defends the base from incoming enemies.
The heavy on flag spawns as the sentinel class. Heavy on flag (aka the HoF) stands on or around their flagstand and tries to ward off incoming cappers.
The chaser spawns in the outrider or raider class. It's their job to spot incoming cappers and chase them down if they manage to grab the flag.
-----Highlighted scenarios-----
When your team's flag is stolen and the chaser is unable to secure the return, then your team will need to perform an emergency grab or e-grab to prevent the opposing team scoring a point. An e-grab is performed by simply picking up the enemy flag and throwing it out of their base in a spot for your team to pick-up. Most of the time this will delay the enemy from capping, giving you more time to return your flag.
When both teams have taken each other's flags, this situation is known as a standoff. The flag is then held by the HoF because he has the most survivability. Everyone that had a defensive role will defend the HoF, and everyone that had a offensive role will go to the enemy base and will try to retrieve their flag. Most of the time they are supported by your teams chaser giving offense the advantage.
-----Round-up-----
Legions:O verdrive is a fast-paced and tense game that will keep you on your toes. It is free to play (free to play has a different meaning these days) so you can download it right now at legionsoverdrive.com

D-. Please see me after class.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Just call them repulsors, sounds better than "rocket boots." That and Daph IIRC was calling them that when he was working on lore.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I say we get an English speaking person with a sexy voice to do this. Someone call piper, we need his deep soothing barotone.

Royalty

The Aussie
You need a sexy aussie voice to pull this thing off. End of discussion.
Funny how you're spending more time arguing about who's gonna voice it, instead of being productive...

k e v i n

Private Tester
-----CTF-----

-----Loadouts---

something i think should be added, is the 3 classes with a small and brief description about them (armour and speed) inbetween CTF and small description of roles...this will just make it easier when you talk about them in your section small description of roles