Legions: Fallen Empires Project

57thEnryu

Some of you might remember awhile ago we started a Legions novel. Well I've been trying to take that to the next level and make a Legions Anime using Blender animation. Ive already imported the legions armors into blender (see link) and come up with quite a few ideas for the working of the plot (aka device to put on armor, some characters, etc.

At this point though I'm realizing I can't do it all on my own. For example, I'm horrible at making blender things animated (always makes them misinformed for some reason). So this is my call to make a committee to do this. The first two months will be spent making characters (whole team) and designing uniforms (for concept artists), while at the same time writing a plot (writers) and then animating the whole thing using blender (animators).

If you are interested in joining the committee, please reply to his thread and say what skills you have to bring (writer, animator, concept artist). Please note I will not be accepting every person who apply if there is high demand, I will be deciding how many at each position when you apply.

Good luck, and I hope this project works out great!

EXTRA DETAILS: The details are rather vague right now, but the idea I've been tossing around is kind of a civil unrest caused after the ruling empires of the world have fallen. Basically there are different tribes trying to take control of the world and they are fighting over it. The anime will focus around a group of four in a tribe that is looking to just end the war outright rather than take over.

tofuman64

the model seems a bit messed up. did you get it from the devs? Plus, this is way harder than you realize. I have worked with blender before, and let me tell you, this is no easy task. I don't think you or most of the community could set up the rig required to animate it. I think you should contact Poponfu and learn stuff from him.

57thEnryu

the model seems a bit messed up. did you get it from the devs? Plus, this is way harder than you realize. I have worked with blender before, and let me tell you, this is no easy task. I don't think you or most of the community could set up the rig required to animate it. I think you should contact Poponfu and learn stuff from him.
Yah, I just imported it from the .dts file using shaper, than exported it into a .x file, then imported it into blender to make a .blend file........wouldn't be surprosed it somewhere some stuff got effed up, but it doesnt have a head or right arm bc those r separate models.

BUUUT, this is why I wanted to make a committee, bc if it is harder to make it in blender it could be done a different way.

Aki

I've never taken on a serious project before, but I do spend a lot of free time writing stories... I could help in that regard, maybe. If nothing else, I'm studying to be an English (as second language) teacher and so can at least correct grammar.

57thEnryu

Hmm, yah, So I re-looked at the models ans there was something wrong. there were 3 meshes overlay-ed over each other, 2 low quality ones one one high quality. Ive messed with the sentential to make it right and added a head and chain-gun. Here's the result: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ajet1dh3lulzbea/sentinalEquiped.blend

Also, I was messing around with the animation and I made this little .gif (not too detailed, didn't have a lot of time). So with that said, I don't see much problem with using it.

Raideranimation.gif

Alex

I can help with the plot writting,I like writing and painting,but i'm not that good at painting so if you need me to write I'll write goddammit!...I also had in mind the same thing about a legions novel...just in my mind hehe...not on paper...but the next month will be busy for me..at least 6 big exams! but as i said i will gladly help..

57thEnryu

I can help with the plot writting,I like writing and painting,but i'm not that good at painting so if you need me to write I'll write goddammit!...I also had in mind the same thing about a legions novel...just in my mind hehe...not on paper...but the next month will be busy for me..at least 6 big exams! but as i said i will gladly help..
Yah, after May 25th my schedule is a bit odd cuz I will be going to Logan to work a job there, where I will be building a new computer. So for the month of June I will probably only be able to talk through the site, e-mail, and other things I can do at a library. When I get my new comp I can get back into the mix better than ever. But from now until then well see what we can get done.

Siantlark

Well I was gunna go writing but seeming as there are two already I'll just give moral support.

If there was observer mode you could just do a Machinama.

tofuman64

Hmm, yah, So I re-looked at the models ans there was something wrong. there were 3 meshes overlay-ed over each other, 2 low quality ones one one high quality. Ive messed with the sentential to make it right and added a head and chain-gun. Here's the result: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ajet1dh3lulzbea/sentinalEquiped.blend

Also, I was messing around with the animation and I made this little .gif (not too detailed, didn't have a lot of time). So with that said, I don't see much problem with using it.

Raideranimation.gif

i could be wrong, but it seems all you did was introduce a rotation keyframe for the chaingun. just sayin.