Legions 1.40 Pre-Release Video

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Personally, I do agree with Defender on this. The only future updates I can see are community map selections, which could be placed in a "Custom Maps Download" area of the site, for those who don't want to use the launcher (It's pretty bad)

BugsPray

Legions Developer
You can download the game files without the patcher already. Someone just needs to host the game files, and you need to download it, then you put the patcher in the root directory and launch.

Will this be officially supported ever? No official comment. It's not a high priority because it already works (albeit slowly), and it's built into our testing and deployment system.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
ANUS PREPARED

well not really, and actually dodge core looks even more broke than warp.. at least democam will be finished and I can make some proper cinematics :cool:

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Is the IAC deal even valid anymore? We don't even know what kind of deal has been struck with them for steam. There is lack of information there.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
ANUS PREPARED

well not really, and actually dodge core looks even more broke than warp.. at least democam will be finished and I can make some proper cinematics :cool:

Dodge was look vector based in this video when I recorded a while back. Its now a keypress thing , press right and activate core to dodge right. There were some OP issues indeed when it was look based.

Royalty

The Aussie
YEAAAAAAAAAAH BABY!

Great news, especially excited about map editor. Can I just ask one thing? Will people still need to download maps of the forums in order to play them, or will the custom maps on rotation be included in a weekly patch or something?

Poponfu

Lead Developer
YEAAAAAAAAAAH BABY!

Great news, especially excited about map editor. Can I just ask one thing? Will people still need to download maps of the forums in order to play them, or will the custom maps on rotation be included in a weekly patch or something?

Bi-Monthly or Monthly voting , might vary.. there will be a vote system somewhere in the custom maps forum though and the top one or two will be added to the patcher after each vote.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
Its the (albeit slowly) part witch is frusterating.
I had to restart the launcher serveral times the last time I tried to download the full game..
I'm wondering if the slow download could be causing some people to give up and move on..
If its ok for some of us players to just upload the full 1.40 game and post download links in this forum, that could work too..
Believe me, we know, it's just not a priority. People who come across this game who care to play will seek help in the forums or they have a friend bringing them on board and will spend a little extra time to get it to work. We're not expecting new players to be organically driven to download L:OD who will be confused when it doesn't work. We'll have a better system in place for the next game.
I think we should use a checksum to make sure the uploaded files are not currupted or altered.
There is already a checksum system in place with the patcher if that's what you're referring to.

Pure

I can see the dodge core getting the same hate regen did in duels and I hope it can used while holding the flag and please tell me if you choose boost core you can't nade jump....don't make chasing even more broken, shield core looks cool(can it be used while holding the flag?).

I

IzRaPiDz

Also, great to see the map editor! Been waiting for this a long time.

Xzanth

Legions Developer
please tell me if you choose boost core you can't nade jump....don't make chasing even more broken,
Might it be worth reading the text in the video?
It does say that you can't have both in the same loadout.

tman2010001

We are much closer this time. I can see it, even being a PT. Had our first full full game with all the stuff the other night and no crashes, which was a huge achievement. Trust me, this time, soon means soon. :)

Well Hallelujah!

Angel.

Private Tester
even though my opinion means absolutely nothing to the marvelous legions folk... dodge core seems random and out of place in this game, seems noobish. but maybe i have to wait and see. But i still have to say thank you to pop and bugs and the devs for there work. its Beautiful

k e v i n

Private Tester
i know this isn't the right place, and it's a random question, but is cluster still gonna be able to kill a raider with 1 hit? cuz i do find it annoying and to me that seems a bit op (sort of like how mortar was op before the changes) would it be possible to reduce the damage cuz i know i've been killed with a cluster just standing there or skiing (it wasn't even an MA):confused:

Application-1

test bester
are you saying that cluster can 1hit a raider...? or do you just blink so slowly that you dont see 2 cluster projectiles coming at you?
You can almost (bring him down to 10% I think. People are just so used to there rocket launcher, grenade launcher and chaingun that they dont see the other weapons. Wich is kinda sad. Bolt is really really strong aswell and so is plasma in dueling that is. Sadly olmost everyone keeps in there comfort zone instead of trying to learn something new. But I am almost going off in a tandrum, yes you can almost 1 hit a raider with a perfect placed cluster.