Launchpads on Zenith

Should we have launchpads on Zenith?

• Total voters

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Considering the size of the map and the grab-speeds achieved by certain cappers, launchpads would be very fitting. What do you think?

Abandoned

Zenith Cauldron works perfectly fine without jumppads and it always will. It never failed us for the past years in IA.

DOS4/GW

There are slopes leading out of the bases on every side that facilitate chasing well enough. To me, Zenith is more about keeping the flag on the stand (it's a HoF's dream map) or intercepting enemy cappers at their base.

So, no.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Core and mirage don't need jump pads.

Core needs less lawl front routes.

And mirage needs smoothed.

The jump pads don't need to be on every large map we have. Only maps that are huge, and/or horrible hill layouts need them. Gimping the inside bowls on core, and possibly tweaking the outside valley out the front is what core needs to be better. The stand can be changed too. I also like mirage a lot. I've seen unknown pull some good routes on its current state, but giving it a smooth out, would make it easier for everyone.

57thRomance

And Core.

Actually, I think it would be awesome to make use of the bridges on either side of each base by putting acceleration pads on them and having ramps at the front ends. I always saw these bridges as runways and thought that it would be a good way to pick up speed and still have control over where to launch.

Mahidhar

That is a pretty interesting idea Romance. Instead of/along with having jump pads, which push you in the direction of your movement(current ones), we could have pads, which throttle one player to a single direction. They could be designed in the shape of arrow heads "<,>" with glowing outlines, so we may distinguish their directions, at first sight.

RiPTaCk

Core and mirage don't need jump pads.
Core definitly does not need jump pads, agreed!

Mirage needs jumppads, because the way it is right now, it is hard to start routes efficiently without losing much time. Spawn points are very spread out and there are only a few "good" places to start side routes. (Whoever now says "But there are plenty of front routes..." ---> Facepalm)
But that discussion is off topic i guess.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
First: cores lack of side routes are because of the bases horrible design. Having the stand so high is bad for the D, especially the HoF, and the two large walkways that block much of the angles from the side is also bad. This will not be fixed with jump pads.

Second: changing the spawn points will help get people up and out, and smoothing out hills will help all routes (usually). This map can be fixed w/o jump pads.

Putting jump pads on every map that is even slightly difficult is stupidly bad game design.

57thRomance

That is a pretty interesting idea Romance. Instead of/ along with having jump pads, which push you in the direction of your movement(current ones), we could have pads, which throttle one player to a single direction. They could be designed in the shape of arrow heads "<,>" with glowing outlines, so we may distinguish their directions, at first sight.
I see these as useful even in the tunnel system in Mirage. Maybe one or two pads per tunnel.

TheWimp

jumppads are for maps with a lot of hills with many super routes, zenith is flat and unless you do a back cap they can catch up to you so NO. ok maybe some people can pull off one or two super caps on zenith but pros need to settle down about making the game harder for themselves and impossible for us.