L:O for Mac Users (Unofficial workaround)

57thRomance

This method is no longer suggested. An updated and easier method can be found here:

http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/l-o-for-linux-and-mac.5008/

Hey guys it's ROMANCE!
This is just a little (not really little) tutorial on how you fellow Mac users can get Legions running on the good ol' Mac OS X using CrossOver Games 10.0. I apologize for the lag, but since I was recording, I didn't get very good ping. Trust me, though, it should work fine when you guys do it.

NOTE: If you have a low amount of memory like I do, make sure you have the least amount of other applications running as possible before using CrossOver Games, preferably zero.

UPDATE 8/1/2012: As I have mentioned before, you will find that CrossOver Games has merged with the latest edition of CrossOver under one app. If you are working with the latest edition of CrossOver (11.0 or higher), you can still follow the same steps to get Legions running on your Mac.

Description:
Hey guys, it's ROMANCE!
In this video (and in another), I get Legions: Overdrive working on my iMac using Crossover Games 10.0. A couple notes:

The game is lagging quite a bit because I'm recording this using iShowU. I do get playable ping playing the game regularly, so don't fret Mac users!

SPECS
I have a mid 2007 iMac
Mac OS X 10.6.6
2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
One gig of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (CAN HAS VM w/ ONE GIG?!?!)
Res: 1680x1050
Graphics card: ATI, Radeon HD2400

I do not own the copyrights to this game. All copyrights belong to their respective owners, including the legions developers and IAC. I do not plan to make any money off of this video; I only intend to reach out to my fellow Mac users.

ENJOY! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerRadio

A great, super awesome tutorial on this! Hats off to Romance.

But.... =(
I've done everything correctly, am able to log in, launch the game, enter a sever, loading screen bar fills up, I hear the in-game sounds, but alas, I never get past the loading screen. So close I can taste it.

Any suggestions??

57thRomance

A great, super awesome tutorial on this! Hats off to Romance.

But.... =(
I've done everything correctly, am able to log in, launch the game, enter a sever, loading screen bar fills up, I hear the in-game sounds, but alas, I never get past the loading screen. So close I can taste it.

Any suggestions??
How long did you wait for the screen? Your cursor should disappear, and then after a few more seconds you should be in the game.
Also, what are your specs (type of Mac, OS, processor, graphics card, memory, etc.)?
And make sure you have Crossover Games 10.0, NOT Crossover Pro 10.0. I noticed your problem when working with the latter, so when I got my hands on Crossover Games, I decided to try it, and I was able to get into the servers.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
And also... Can the thread get a sticky please? At least until Legions gets a Mac version.

Yar, I'll sticky it. However, if feedback comes in stating that the 'workaround' doesn't work from multiple users, I'll have to unsticky it.

Also, like Legions Lite, this 'work around' is not supported by the Legions: Overdrive team. Look towards Mr. Romance if you're having issues getting the workaround to work.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Romance, my hat goes off to you. Now I might just be able to play legions from my primary computer
smile.png

57thRomance

Yar, I'll sticky it. However, if feedback comes in stating that the 'workaround' doesn't work from multiple users, I'll have to unsticky it.

Also, like Legions Lite, this 'work around' is not supported by the Legions: Overdrive team. Look towards Mr. Romance if you're having issues getting the workaround to work.
Thanks Seymour :) *daphy hug*