Just saying hello.

flateric

Just popping in to say hi and ask what the current status of Legions is?

So sick of the garbage TA turned into and the complete and total lack of effort on the devs part to engage the community in any way whatsoever.

Looking forward to learning more about this game looks really encouraging.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Always nice to see new people around.

We're currently working on a massive update that'll add a ton of new content to Legions. Following this, we'll begin work on a Legions sequel in the game engine Unity.

flateric

Just a quick question before diving into the blog.......netcode.......please tell me epic battles of large sizes will oneday be possible again! I miss the chaos and crazy fun of 44v44 CTF matches of the old days.

Crisis12096

Hello, and welcome. I have to unfortunately question why you'd like a 44v44(Are you serious, or exaggerating) anything, it just sounds like one big lagfest where no cappers will ever run a route because of the 20 or so llamas that will be in the game. With that many players it'll likely sink into a Deathmatch where everybody will forget what they're supposed to be doing.
On a side note, it appears that we will likely be on Steam eventually in the future, so I imagine we'll get more players and possibly be able to have a larger scale game going (if Blade run is around, it might actually get used for once).
I also have no idea why I typed up all of this as a welcome post.

And, another Canadian? Jord might be able to manage a community of Canadians one day.

flateric

Did you ever play on Houston vehicles or Miami Vehicles in Tribes 2? It played with those numbers and it played really well in fact. Mostly due to the amazing netcode. Laggy play and complaints related to that were very few and far between.

The map sizes and amazing depth to the game kept everyone busy in oneway or another and really became a bonding point that encouraged teamwork and an endless amount of possiblities.

Our servers were packed to the gills for literally years. Was never easy to get into them despite the 44vs44 (and even higher numbers at peak)

Good times, the best actually I have ever had gaming in any game before or since.

k e v i n

Private Tester
Just popping in to say hi and ask what the current status of Legions is?

So sick of the garbage TA turned into and the complete and total lack of effort on the devs part to engage the community in any way whatsoever.

Looking forward to learning more about this game looks really encouraging.
WELCOME...it's always nice to see new members, especially the ones who make a thread about it saying they're new:p
hopefully i'll be seeing you around in game
(btw, i'm also a fellow canadian):D:D

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Ahoy hoy,

Legions currently probably wouldn't play very well with 44 vs 44 (moreso the current design of the game than anything else). A big update is on the way (with an even bigger overhaul down the road), but feel free to check out the game in its current iteration to see the kind of movement and style we're aiming for. Also, North American PUGs are pretty much a nightly thing now and is a nice way to get into a more organized game.

As a side note: I remember Houston Vehicles and had quite a few epic matches on that server. I used to live fairly close to one of the admins there, a 'lithosphere' iirc.

Crisis12096

I only played Arena in Tribes 2 as it was the only game mode I really enjoyed. I just can't imagine everybody staying focus in a 44v44 and I can't imagine it not lagging. But, if there's no lag and it's organized, it does sound like it could be fun. Well, we don't have 88 active players really, so it can't happen even if we wanted to(but we'll likely get more players in the future once the "bigger overhaul" hits, so look forward to that if you plan to stick around).

Also, we aim to have pugs every night but often enough they just don't happen. We get 10 or so but then people leave/join and we fall short a few players so one doesn't happen because more people has to go. But we do pug often, just maybe not EVERY night. Weekends are a definite, though. Hop into TS3 every once in awhile and see who is in, a pug could happen anytime.

flateric

Ahoy hoy,

Legions currently probably wouldn't play very well with 44 vs 44 (moreso the current design of the game than anything else). A big update is on the way (with an even bigger overhaul down the road), but feel free to check out the game in its current iteration to see the kind of movement and style we're aiming for. Also, North American PUGs are pretty much a nightly thing now and is a nice way to get into a more organized game.

As a side note: I remember Houston Vehicles and had quite a few epic matches on that server. I used to live fairly close to one of the admins there, a 'lithosphere' iirc.

I remember Litho well, a fellow admin and friend. Good times indeed.

Crisis, believe it and yes, it was epic. I'm at a machine ATM that won't and can't play games so I have yet to even load up the game. But wanted to see what the community "vibe" was. And if it was alive. Which it very much seems to.

I'll be adding a comment in my Ascend sig to get people here to check this game out as well.

k e v i n

Private Tester
I'll be adding a comment in my Ascend sig to get people here to check this game out as well.
that sounds good, there's been a few tribes players that have already tried this game...some say they like it, and some say we're all hackers:confused:

Crisis12096

I am a hacker.
I'm going to definitely hit you with absolute precision if you fly into a straight line. Watch out.

The number of Tribes players that have tried this game is pretty astonishing to me, I feel like it means they're not satisfied with Ascend (I don't really blame them), and they look for something else. Ah well, the more the merrier. But really, getting called a hacker by an Ascend player just proves how slow the game[Ascend] really is if they feel that MAing in Legions requires hacks.

flateric

I never called anyone a hacker dude.

But Ascend is so bad I would hesitate to call it Tribes. More like automatic weapon world.