Just saw Obama speak live at my University, nbd ;)

57thRomance

It was INSANE!!! So many people came out to watch Obama, and secret service and news broadcasters were everywhere; there were even snipers posted on the dorm buildings on my campus. I got to hang with guys on the SWAT team afterwards and talk to them. Plus, it was such a nice day outside, and classes were cancelled. Thanks, Mr. President :3

I don't mean to create a political discussion. Today wasn't about supporting or protesting his message on the subject matter; I'm just excited that I got to witness U.S. history and that I have a story to tell my children and grandchildren. :)

sxkxvPI.jpg

(P.S. You have my permission to lock if idiotic conversation ensues, but I want Jordahan to do it because Seymour's my fav and Jordahan should have to work once in awhile :3)

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Personally I'm not a fan of Obama, but if he came to Purdue, I'd still probably go. I mean, regardless of whether or not I'm a fan of the man, I am of the office, and it's still a neat story to tell.

57thEnryu

I don't think I've told anyone here, but back in 2008 I was a senate page for Senator Reid. One day they were voting on healthcare legislation and I was on the floor. 2 of the senators who made a special appearance to cast their votes were Barrack Obama and Senator Ted Kennedy. This was the first time Kennedy had returned to the senate since starting treatment for a brain tumor. It would be kind of hard to describe the atmosphere (in fact there is a video somewhere if I could find it....). Long story short, I don't think I will ever forget that day, both meeting then Senator Obama (and snapping a photo) and seeing Senator Kennedy on the floor for one of the last times.

EDIT: Found the video:
Ok, So You can see me when they switch the camera at 0:15. I'm in the group sitting on the stairs furthest to the right.