Is this game "alive"?

Fixious

Test Lead
Yeah. No one is really left to do anything useful with the game. We'd have to bring a few people back or bring in new ones who'd do it for free. Plus, I'm not really speaking for the dev team. Those are just my views.

nil

Private Tester
Yeah. No one is really left to do anything useful with the game. We'd have to bring a few people back or bring in new ones who'd do it for free. Plus, I'm not really speaking for the dev team. Those are just my views.

Instead of server-side maps which will likely not happen, maybe someone (Jello and/or Defender) could get limited svn access so they can push out map updates to all the clients?

Fixious

Test Lead
If possible, sure. I'd support it. It needs to be in better hands right now. They'd have to be responsible about it though, and not push out updates every other hour because they updated a map slightly.

Jello

Contributor
Im up for it and only time I ever make an update would be once everyone has finished playing at least a version of the map and all suggestions, ideas on what to change here and there have been submitted like you guys did on WinterMelt feedback thread...and I think before we did any updating the new version of the map will need to go on here so people can vote whether they agree with changes or not (pretty sure we already do that.)...but thats all my opinion though...but like fixi said it needs to be in more responsible hands

Last edited:
i'll trust your judgement, just like i have since nov 13th of 2010 ;)

we've gotten a lot done in these short 3 1/2 years, i hope we do much more in the future :)

stefygraff

Private Tester
Instead of server-side maps which will likely not happen, maybe someone (Jello and/or Defender) could get limited svn access so they can push out map updates to all the clients?

Would like to see this, but devs don't see this...

Defender

In tribes2, we had competition map-packs, that only had the best maps, and most players would go download them, because the servers running them where full of players.
To make map-packs practical for this game, we need a decent amount of players, witch never realy happened again after IA, turned the game over to the new dev team. I'm not saying its their fault, they worked hard to keep the game going..

Last edited:

Jello

Contributor
Well game is practically dead (not really) but in a month or 2 (summer for most,everyone) it should pick back up and yes the devs dont see this.., lets just hope what 2 map makers are working on together comes out as one hell of a map and attracts players :/ even though you people dont really play them...should be exciting :p

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
It's refreshing to see that after 3 1/2 years, shaska is still a brat. Aren't you like 14 now?

Summer is coming up (woo woo) so hopefully more people will be on. School-time is a very busy series of months but I'll be sure to afk in the pugs channel waiting for people to come. It always gets really good around this time so hopefully people will show up like always. I always enjoy a couple of games.

Just no back routes