Integrated pickups, tournaments and more.

Buhlitz

I wanted to elaborate on this post
Just imagine on the homepage , a tab that said "Pickup Games" you click it, and it shows you a calendar of all of the upcoming pickups that have been schedule by captains, players, teams, etc. You find the one that is applicable to your schedule, sign up, show up, have fun. Same thing with big tournaments, team scrims, or Live game casts , it should ALL BE UNDER ONE ROOF!

Since the game will be downloaded here, and the forums and webchat irc are here, plus there is the community TS3, these guys have almost integrated everything all into one place. The last part IMO is the competitive side of legions. Pickup games, tournaments, ladders, and or leagues, should ALL be in the same place to ensure community unity as well as efficient use of resources. There is no sense in any one group in this community to go off on their own to attempt a huge project or task that benefits the game, when everyone is willing to help and we are so unified as it is.

Imagine a tab with Legions Live embedded stream that has scheduled programming, highlights plays of the week, talks about upcoming changes, advertises pickups, etc. A tab where you can check your league standings in the 7 v 7 CTF or FFA. A tab where you can browse all upcoming events and sign up. Or create your own. Possibilities are endless.

Novaz

LOVE this idea...it satisfies my OCDness very very well :D

I have OCD too, and everything in one place would really be great, I wouldn't be bothered as much of everything being scattered around because it'd all be on one site :)

I love the sound of this.

The only thing I'd be wondering at, is what portion of people would put their name down for a PUG, (filling up the list), but then not turn up.
Still, having everything in one place, and organised beforehand as much as possible would definitely have it's benefits.

Dacil

The only thing I'd be wondering at, is what portion of people would put their name down for a PUG, (filling up the list), but then not turn up.
well, let's hope that won't happen a lot....doesn't give a good impression either...although i'm sure someone would be around to replace them if needed

Strife

There could just be a punishment system, where people who don't show up are barred from the next game by whoever will be regulating the pickups section.

If a punishment system is implemented, you'd also have to include the ability to cancel up to say 24hrs before.
After all, sometimes things do crop up.
You can't have people cancelling 10 minutes before though, hence I suggest 24hrs, to give other people a chance to fill the vacancy.

Freeman

RAYTANG
There could just be a punishment system, where people who don't show up are barred from the next game by whoever will be regulating the pickups section.
What if the player found a replacement? There are going to be situations where players will have to drop last second.

IMO, players should only be barred from pick ups ONLY if they grief in that game (ie. rabbit, team kill, switch teams when they are losing)

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Seems good, However, I always thought that pickup games had a certain amount of spontaneity. Of course, not all pickups need to happen through this method. As for people skipping out, the teams don't need to be determined beforehand, so if two people bail, then everything is still even, and if people notice that there is a PUG happening at that moment and they could just fill a vacancy, I think everything would work out just fine. I have to agree with freeman, if there's any players that are being a pain, they should be punished, not for people who don't show because something may have just come up, or they forgot. (I'm great at being in this second category)

Buhlitz

Keep it simple, people sign up, some to captain some to play when people show up you make it work, when they don't same thing. It doesn't need to be super structured.

You advertise you are willing to captain or host a pickup at x time on x date, whoever signs up is just sort of saying maybe, we can't force people to show up or punish them if they don't. I'd be against that unless it's severe abuse that is happening.

stefygraff

Private Tester
I wanted to elaborate on this post[...]

Imagine a tab with Legions Live embedded stream that has scheduled programming, highlights plays of the week, talks about upcoming changes, advertises pickups, etc. A tab where you can check your league standings in the 7 v 7 CTF or FFA. A tab where you can browse all upcoming events and sign up. Or create your own. Possibilities are endless.

Yes, i like the idea. I reckon that they could do this, but we should try after a while, we must settle before competitions :)

w00tyou

Two thumbs up.

freeman touched on replacements. you could have a replacement list so that if some one bails we can go to the replacement list see if there online and ask them "would you want to join pickup x.."

hope this idea happens, integration seems to be what legions could benefit from the most, another poster mentioned integrated TS so even noobs without mics can hear the team work going on and be reminded that their actions ARE effecting real ppl.

no need to punish ppl for not turning up, if they do it enough times team captains will just start saying sorry we found someone else because you usually dont show......