Instagib mod for Legions?

Defender

I was reading in the TribesNext forums today for tribes2, and read that a guy made a new mod kinda like the ones found in quake and unreal style instagib.
http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=642.0

This would be a vary simple mod for me to make, anyone interested in helping or playing a mod like this?

Here are my ideas, to start.
-One Armor.
-Player blood effects - Server disable/enable option in mod.
-No Deployables.
-No Grenades?
-No radius damage weapons, only direct damage instant kill weapons.

-Weapons 2, but maybe 1 or 2 more instagib weapon types added later if people want it.
-Instagib Rocket, vary fast, a few times faster than now, only direct damage.
-Ammo 60.
-Plasma no damage, fast, added impulse for jumping, or knocking players around.
-Ammo 30.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I'd be down to play instagib if someone made a tight indoor map and jets were disabled.

Defender

I can't turn them off, if I did the mod would only work on that one map.
If I add gravity, the players will still have jets but not realy able to fly much, could that work for you?

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I can turn them off, if I did the mod would only work on that one map.
If I add gravity, the players will still have jets but not realy able to fly much, could that work for you?
I'd still like to be able to jump though, just not jet.

Fixious

Test Lead
When I think Instagib I think Shock Rifles only. If there's a way to bring back the old sniper rifle that would be ideal (buff damage and rof); if not, then the Bolt could be a decent alternative. Just buff the heck out of its damage output. Kryst would jizz.

I remember messing with energy a while ago on my server and found a way to disable jets. I think you just have to remove energy altogether. Skiing is still possible though.

OmniNept

Actionaut
Instead of removing the ability to jet, why not provide greater air control? Otherwise duels will be relegated to circle strafe + the occasional hop - and you can already find that in Quake.

*Edit* Also, I think instagib rockets (sans splash damage) are your best bet for an engaging game. Instagib works best if the weapons have a slow rate of fire and require some skill to aim. Shock rifles work in Unreal Tourny because the game speed and movement options require more hitscan skill. They'd be a little silly here, unless you gave everyone rapid recharge dodge cores.

Defender

I think the player movement should stay the same as base, that way players don't get confused, when going or coming from base servers.
The recharge time on the laser could be reduced, that would help a lot for this type of game..

When a player respawns set the energy recharge rate to 0 then set the energy to 0.

I will look in to that for use in some special map that requires no jetting.