Indicator for "pass me the flag"

Fluke

Granted, I'm a rookie, but when someone is calling to pass them the flag, I just don't have the time to look at the chat to determine who it is, than locate him in the gameworld, than pass the flag.

It would be cool if the color of such a player would change, or some sort of indicator would appear. It would help with teamplay, I'm sure.

stefygraff

Private Tester
What about chat spams and trolls.
Not against the idea, sounds great, im courious if something like this is possible(with minimum modifications)

Mahidhar

The mod shouldn't be too distracting. I would suggest something simple like radio bars -> (( )), around the triangle of the player asking for the flag. Or something like blinking of the IFFs.

Fluke, very nice idea.

3lionz

Legions Developer
PLEASE do something for "I am going for the enemy flag.".
To stop everybody's tags becoming an seizure inducing colours, maybe the ring around the flag could change colour.

... and maybe a flashing "kill this guy" indicator whenever anyone llamas.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Honestly, the IFF could use a lot of upgrades IMO. With deployables and whatnot, we may want to go over them in general and modify a few things.

Triad

Legions Developer
Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I wanted to do this, to get familiar with the code. I was able to get it flashing easily, just need to make the scripts trigger it for certain quick chats.

3lionz

Legions Developer
... and maybe a flashing "kill this guy" indicator whenever anyone llamas.

I was able to get it flashing easily...
19.jpg

Angel.

Private Tester
DUDE I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! This WILL be awsome.... for the people that pass the flag to people not even paying attention.. i give this idea a thumbs up

57thEnryu

if your gona make it flash plz don't make the trigger "pass me the flag", ctrl's arrow would look like a Christmas tree the whole match

make it chage color over flashing, like turn it blue...unless ur colorblind....ugh

Freeman

RAYTANG
and maybe it could blink in some vibrant colour too?
it could, but we dont want it to be too annoying haha
make it chage color over flashing, like turn it blue...unless ur colorblind....ugh
the majority of "colour blind" modes usually include blue, since "red-green" colourblindness is the most common.

and im pretty someone(nighhawk?) made a colourblind theme for legions already. the IFF is blue and something

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Correct. As someone who is colorblind and use the red/blue team colors, I can say that changing colors would be a bad idea. I'd say just make the icon change and perhaps have some sort of antenna radio waves animation.