Increasing Motion Trails

UUAllACE

So I'm trying to come up with a good player motion trails, and i want to make the motion paths longer. Seymour said they shortened the motion paths, but i want to edit them to be long again. Would that setting be associated with file motionTrails.cs.dso? If so where is the main MotionTrails.cs? I tried editing the flightlighttrail and that jazz, but i just can't seem to make the motion trail increase.

Nash

The .dso files are the compiled .cs script files. You're not supposed / allowed to change any values in them.
To answer your question: not possible for you at the moment.

Lin

Imo, the motion trails weren't enough of a problem to justify shortening. Nowadays, they barely even show up, and at long range, im basically shooting at the IFF. pretty sad as far as i think

Disci

Old man
Remove trails completely and make the IFF's appear closer to you than it is now. People need to work on their awarness skills more than now.

Lin

Honestly, I don't even give a damn about the gameplay behind the motion trails.
They look good, and don't break the game. Thats enough to justify keeping them in for me.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
The look is why they are in.
The "I'M HERE" factor is why they are short.
Lenght is handled server side and lenghtening them is surely classed an exploit.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Yeah. Personally, I love the look of long trails. I know they don't do much for my aim. I was just giving the reason why they were short.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
I still don't get why they made such a difference in gameplay to cause them to be removed.
It's not like having that little extra stealth is noticably useful.

Comashift

*cough* shouldn't this be in "suggestions"? Doesn't sound like much of a modding conversation anymore, unless the "mod" would be to remove jet trails...But cant we already just remove the trails in the options?