Impact - A Flag Passing Vid

Royalty

The Aussie
A big thanks to the devs for letting us host our own servers, because frankly this stuff is damn hard in 200 ping...

This video was in collaboration with Wetflame, who is a great guy and fun to work with.

All editing by me.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Remember to watch fullscreen and at 720p!

Watch here!

Gheist

King of all Goblins
People start using Vimeo, oh joy of joys, oh day of days! The best IAC product by far, despite their little comedy thingies. The irony of seeing Leejunz videos on there always makes me smile. ;)

wet

Haha mate i love the video and your song was the best choise By far and i might even get it on my ipod now d0.0b christmas in 32 mins for me!

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Loved the smooth editing, very nice video. Good work!
I thought you were going to pass back to wetflame as you were returning to the base on the last clip.

Royalty

The Aussie
very nice passes, music and cool editing. but you could cut the clips instead of showing nothing for 60% of the videotime.
Yeah my try doing less passes next time, however making sure to play the whole clip. Thanks for the advice, will try that next time.
Loved the smooth editing, very nice video. Good work!
I thought you were going to pass back to wetflame as you were returning to the base on the last clip.
We always passed back to each other after every route, however I had to cut some footage out so I could fit in all the clips.

Glad you guys liked it overall and thanks for the support!
(I'll talk to you after New Year's wet to organise making another one!)

wet

very nice passes, music and cool editing. but you could cut the clips instead of showing nothing for 60% of the videotime.
Our video isn't just about the pass, it also integrates the general route, thus making is possible for other players to learn from this video and use these passes/routes for themselves. That "60%" may be "nothing" to you, but for the general community it is to help them with developing flag passing skills.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Our video isn't just about the pass, it also integrates the general route, thus making is possible for other players to learn from this video and use these passes/routes for themselves. That "60%" may be "nothing" to you, but for the general community it is to help them with developing flag passing skills.

I'm going to be blunt here, from what I can remember of the video, the route integration really didn't work out, yes there were some examples, but i.e. the starting out from alpha's right on zenith should be much quicker, Royalty only managed to stay on the route without losing speed, let alone catching the flag, which you yourself threw from the enemy's base tower (which in game, is pretty stupid to do as you'll get minced by the stay D and chase. Making that route certainly NOT viable the way you were doing it.

Dimitryy

wet said:

in my opinion most of the passes are just for show: they look cool but are pretty useless in a real game and not working for 70%, so how can the routes (mosttimes just a rocketjump with outrider, so not a real route) be usefull? your passes are nice but i felt like wasting my time between the passes and it would be a better flagpass-video if there would be more passes and not those "half-routes-because-of-noone-wanted-to-cut-it clips" its just not fiting to the rest of the video with the animated effects and so on. 10 minutes more and you could cut the clips.
also, do the passes in a public game to see if they are working and usefull :)

so all in all (after i wrote my post and than read fireblastos) i totally agree with him

wet

I agree most of these passes are just for show and maybe in a game would seem "stupid" , but this still doesnt mean that the passes/routes are "useless". In both previous posts you have highlighted the "for show" aspect of legions. This aspect will play a part in attracting a larger audience to the game and although the aspect is unbenneficcial in-game it is neccecary in some videos that are avaliable to the public, such as ours. Furthermore, legions isn't all about the "in-game" experience. Ever been in a server with about 3 people? This is an opportunity to explore legions' physics and test your abilities to the full, thus trying out "for show" flag catches. Not useless.

Abandoned

wet's just talking out of his ass again. I'll more impressed when these passes happen in-game in a normal pub, if you guys did the same thing in a pub with a decent game going on, would've made the video a lot better imo.

The only thing you guys didn't do was communicate, I've asked you guys to come on teamspeak while doing this to make this easier to co-ordinate, yet you decline and carry on using quick-chat..

Bestking

wet's just talking out of his ass again. I'll more impressed when these passes happen in-game in a normal pub, if you guys did the same thing in a pub with a decent game going on, would've made the video a lot better imo.

The only thing you guys didn't do was communicate, I've asked you guys to come on teamspeak while doing this to make this easier to co-ordinate, yet you decline and carry on using quick-chat..
^reported for child abuse.
How is that child abuse wetflame?

at 4:57 in the video, that route wouldn't be the best... If that happened in a pub, some defence will knock you out before one of your players try to get the flag.

wet

How is that child abuse wetflame?

at 4:57 in the video, that route wouldn't be the best... If that happened in a pub, some defence will knock you out before one of your players try to get the flag.
As i have clearly stated previously, some of these passes are just for show.