How to play Legions Overdrive

Hueman

Hahaha....so, yeah. I watched a video of someone doing a review of legions, but because they didn't know how to play, It was just a so-so review. In the vid, the guy even said that the devs should put out a tutorial. (I haven't seen one, is there one?) So, I thought I would at least get the ball rolling by putting together a rough guide to legions.

I know that the chances are you already know how to play because you are on the forums, but if you know someone who could benefit from this then please share it.

Please let me know if I left something obvious out.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Great tutorial, only downsides are of the video are legions looks pretty bad; you said that capture the flag was the only game mode.

I'd happily work with you when 1.4 comes out to edit a video together because you explain everything pretty well.

Fixious

Test Lead
OD isn't really a boost, but more of a tool that allows you to make sharp turns at high speeds. Also, this tutorial will be quite lacking within ~2 weeks once 1.40 releases. I'd recommend working on the stuff to cover once 1.40 releases and let someone else record the actual footage. Anything less than 720 and 30fps looks sorta bad on YouTube.

Hueman

Great tutorial, only downsides are of the video are legions looks pretty bad; you said that capture the flag was the only game mode. I'd happily work with you when 1.4 comes out to edit a video together because you explain everything pretty well.

Thank you. Yes the vid is terrible, but like I said this was just to get the ball rolling. As far as capture the flag is concerned, over the past year and a half I have only played one tdm match and one rabbit match. So I guess my statement about CTF is that it is relatively the only game mode that I have personally seen. I would love to work with you to put together something when 1.4 is released (maybe your voice is not as monotone as mine, haha I sound like an muted professor)

OD isn't really a boost, but more of a tool that allows you to make sharp turns at high speeds. Also, this tutorial will be quite lacking within ~2 weeks once 1.40 releases. I'd recommend working on the stuff to cover once 1.40 releases and let someone else record the actual footage. Anything less than 720 and 30fps looks sorta bad on YouTube.

I agree. I had already recorded and re-recorded four times to get this one vid so kinda lost my train of thought and panicked about overdrive. I can record at 1336 x 768 @ 60fps, I just cant record me talking at the same time. I wanted to see what kind of a reaction this would get before putting a lot of effort into a HD type tutorial. Thanks for the feedback.

k e v i n

Private Tester
that was good, it did explain a lot of things that are important (took me a week to figure out ammo boxes which i accidentally discovered), but for a rough guide it was pretty good...maybe one thing that could help is a script that you could read from
some stuff to make it better were already mentioned but it is only a rough guide, so whtevs