How do you create your own rets?

I've tried doing it in photoshop but it just doesn't work. At all. I'm not sure if its something I'm doing wrong on my end, or if i'm just using the wrong program for it. Could someone tell me how to do it?

Sorry if this was created some where else, i searched for threads about it but the search came up empty.

Thanks,

Utada

Gheist

King of all Goblins
What exactly doesn't work? As long as your program can handle .pngs and transparency, you're good to go. And yes, Photoshop is a suitable program. As is GIMP for example.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Make sure that you set your new reticles to read-only after you finish making them so that the game doesn't write over them.

what seems not to work for me photoshop wise is i cant seem to make the centers right. when ever i go to use them in the actual game, they are like way off to the right or left or just aren't visible at all. should i use the default files as a guide?

Daphinicus

Private Tester
should i use the default files as a guide?

Yes indeed! The game uses single images with multiple reticles on them, and switches between different "pieces" of the image on the fly, depending on the situation. If you use the existing reticles as a guide for where to center your images, you'll be golden.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
If you want, get my reticles from here, and use them to create your own. I made sure that they're aligned correctly, and that the center is only one pixel. You'll also be able to see which parts are unused in the current version of the game (and thus don't have to be changed by you).

You can basicly open it up in ms paint and start working on it but i suggest downloading GIMP for starters and work on it that way. Maybe you even got photoshop then I would say give that a try but GIMP is very similiar.
You can find rets in the folder called: Legions Overdrive > live > client > gui > images > hud > reticle.s
Then you open some of those there and start modding them

chattyloid

You can basicly open it up in ms paint and start working on it but i suggest downloading GIMP for starters and work on it that way. Maybe you even got photoshop then I would say give that a try but GIMP is very similiar.
You can find rets in the folder called: Legions Overdrive > live > client > gui > images > hud > reticle.s
Then you open some of those there and start modding them
ok im downloading GIMP but where i get the original rets cuz i have modificated ones from fry.

I suggest you just unmark the reticles you got now as read only to not read only. Then update legions then it will be overwritten with the old reticles so you got the old reticles back adn after that you jsut back them up so you are sure you will always have them and start editing. And if you dont want to loose the ones you already got you back those up to of course.

LindN

edit a copied version of the standard rets, put a dot on the middle parts in a different layer then delete the standard rets