Hotswap Servers

yami

Private Tester
Does anyone have a strong argument to keep the servers up?
Triad has been keeping the lights on but he is leaving the country, if we want them up we need to find an alternate arrangement.

I'll be the first to do whatever I can to keep the game alive, but I can't find a reason to justify keeping the servers up. For the small amount of play that might still happen people can just host.

If there isn't strong opposition they will go down at the end of August

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
RIP Sweet Prince. We had a good run.

Just want to give a thanks to everyone who contributed and helped along the way. Legions holds a very special place in my heart and has lead to a lot of great friendships.

Looks like the 27th will be the final Saturday before the servers are pulled. One last hurrah, anyone?
I'll 100% be there to say good night.

k e v i n

Private Tester
Sucks to hear this. Legions has always been #1. Life has just been...well life, so I haven't been able to play. I'll also be in Mexico for a friends wedding from the 24-31, so I won't be able to make that date.

Stubbsy

Contributor
Really sad. Does this mean closing everything all together (downloads, site etc)? Or will people still be able to host there own servers? Wish I could do more but I don't know how...

yami

Private Tester
Those are just the dedicated servers hosting the open matches right now. Anyone can still host, which is exactly why I think it makes sense to not continue to pay for them every month. Even if there continues to be small pickups or a few people interested in playing on Saturdays, we can just join a player hosted server.

Xzanth

Legions Developer
Really sad. Does this mean closing everything all together (downloads, site etc)? Or will people still be able to host there own servers? Wish I could do more but I don't know how...
Only hotswap game servers are being closed, Triad was supporting those.

Forums, website, patch and master servers are hosted by GReaper:
<GReaper> would hope to be able to keep everything up for as long as possible!
TS3 and empire game servers are hosted by me and will remain up as long as I have the space.