Healing Grenade/Packs

This idea is pretty much derived from the health packs you could pick up in Tribes.

Grenade: Would heal EVERYTHING(including enemies and their base assets) in the blast radius to a certain extent, of course the number of HP healed drops as you are further from the grenade. Instant heal.

Pack: Semi-fast healing, would only heal up to 45% of HP if only 1 pack, but only heal 9 percent per pack if 5 packs. You can only use it on yourself.

Fixious

Test Lead
I wouldn't mind seeing that idea merged into one. Actually I thought of it a while ago as a possible pack for the Annhilation mod in T1. Basically, a healing pack that gave health to team-mates in a certain radius of you.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Back on the legions overlive show, they were talking about having a healing OD core, it'd be interesting to see how it would play out.

RedInk

Like a energon nade from Transformers War For Cybertron!!
This would be perfect :)
Make the the health grenade have a short trail to show its arch/path!!
Ofcourse only let the healing radius effect the grenade's team.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
If we were to have a healing grenade then what? We'd probably justify it with nanites or something? Wouldn't that mean that we should have some damaging nanite bomb as well? Nanotech that advanced is most certainly a double-edged sword (or at least a targe).

If we were to have a healing grenade then what? We'd probably justify it with nanites or something? Wouldn't that mean that we should have some damaging nanite bomb as well? Nanotech that advanced is most certainly a double-edged sword (or at least a targe).
The healing grenade heals EVERYTHING. Including the enemy.

Say I chuck a grenade at my teammate, but the he for God-Knows-What reason goes away and it bounces towards an enemy, if the enemy is still in the radius of the grenade when it explodes, it will heal him as well as any other thing in its vicinity

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
I think it would be cool to have a HoF class which holds a pack, where within the HoFs radius it would do heals. Just to add another layer on the cake of defense. Would be cool.

I think it would be cool to have a HoF class which holds a pack, where within the HoFs radius it would do heals. Just to add another layer on the cake of defense. Would be cool.

Until you get the HoF's that can actually sentinel cap very well, the idea becomes immediately over powered.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
The healing grenade heals EVERYTHING. Including the enemy.

Say I chuck a grenade at my teammate, but the he for God-Knows-What reason goes away and it bounces towards an enemy, if the enemy is still in the radius of the grenade when it explodes, it will heal him as well as any other thing in its vicinity

I know, but I was saying in addition... The nano grenade would have a variant that gave those around it a DoT and one that gave a healing DoT.

Until you get in a standoff and a bunch of sentinels cluster together with one of them holding the flag...

MJ1284

I think deployable Healing Beacon would work better (I know I'm stealing this idea from Alien Swarm) since it eliminates Sentinel capping issue and doesn't make healing too OPed.
Multiple Healing Beacons wouldn't stack ( ie. MUCH faster healing) but they would add to overall healing duration, for example if one beacon heals 2% Outrider health per tick (per second maybe?*) for 20 seconds then five beacons heal 2% per tick for 100 seconds.

*As always I'm just tossing numbers around, just so people would understand what I'm getting at.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Ah.. didn't think of that.. haha. Maybe one healing sentinel for each team? Or the healing sentinel doesn't heal itself?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Or perhaps the buffs just don't stack whatsoever so you basically just end up making a bigger bubble in which other people can heal.

GrimReefer

I like the idea about the healing beacon, and the inability to stack would definitely be needed.
For the healing grenades there should be a cooldown or limited ammo.
Or maybe have a pack for a certain class that can only use the heal on himself?
I can see that ^ happening easier.

Allahrules2

What if we have healing packs floating in the air. I don't like sacrificing health for a rocket jump we could put health packs in the air.