Guide to installing modifications.

For specific file locations, click here.
File locations will be included down here anyways.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
-This guide only covers client-side modifications
-You will have to set all replaced/new files to READ ONLY by right clicking the file and
clicking on "Properties". Check the READ ONLY box.
-You may have to create a folder named "autoexec" in your mods folder, for some reason, people are telling me that it's not included in the download

Reticles and HudBars/ChatBoxes/Etc.(pertaining to the HUD):
Go to the HUD folder, simply copy the images and replace the old ones inside live the folder.
OR your can use 3lionz's Ret Switcher for rets
-----File location: Live/Client/gui/images (Most of the things you will replace will probably be in the HUD folder)

Custom Skins/Bullets/Skies (Anything that changes how some object looks) and Sounds:
Go to the Data folder and replace the old files/images.
-----File location: Live/legions/data (You will probably need look a little farther, but this is where everything is)

MODs such as FlagHud, TrackTor, and other things that don't go inside the above folders:
You can use this, which has most of RockeyRex's MODs.
OR if you don't want to do that/the loader doesn't include the mod, just simply put it inside of the mods folder.
-----File location: Live/mods/autoexec (Note, sometimes you will need to replace the Main.CS when placing mods in the autoexec folder)

Prefs file:
If you are simply changing things around in your Prefs.CS, you will find most of what you will probably want to change here
-----File location:Live/legions/preferences
For the full legions lite download, go here

Map Installation VIDEO HERE

To poke around a (outdated) list of mods, look here

UNINSTALLING: Delete the replaced files and have the patcher load them in. To completely uninstall EVERYTHING and set it to the vanilla(the way it was when you first downloaded it), delete the live folder and run the patcher.

Let me know if I missed anything :)

Credits to:
RockeyRex -for his work with scripting
57thEnryu -for making a guide on file locations
Mornaval -for making Legions Lite and the guide on tweaking the pref.cs
3lionz -for creating the MOD loader and the reticle switcher
Velocity -making a list of mods (Outdated)
Note: Some links in the credits may not lead to the profile page.

Extra Note: WEWT FER TEH STICKY STICKY.

Abandoned

Good job! Just hope this thread gets enough popularity for a sticky. Then more people will be able to find out this information.

Jello

Contributor
This will be very helpful to me since I'm trying to download couple things to improve my fps. Since my computer is not letting me download lite.

Jello

Contributor
Yea but I deleted a few files and updated graphics card from a 2.5 to a 3.0. And turned on a couple applications to prevent from virus and if they don't work then ill have to update the graphics card again up to a 3.5.

Crisis12096

You don't need to download anything for lite. Just use the manual tweaking guide and you're set. Lite is the only thing I can think of that will improve you fps, mods like reticles and such won't do anything for you.

If you're not willing to pay for top quality virus protection, get Microsoft Security Essentials.

Ironically being placed in this guide, I have a question to ask.
It's been a couple months since I last had legions installed, possibly half a year, but I'm wondering where the launcher extracts the live folder to.
In essence, where is the live folder?

Then that prompts me to ask, where is the legions overdrive folder? I got a zip when I downloaded the launcher.

EDIT:
OHHHH you're supposed to pull out the legions overdrive folder too.
Right, right. Thanks.