Getting good with the CG

U8er

So I've been thinking of a few points that might help:

1. PREDICTION & POSITIONING

Knowing where and how your opponent moves in certain situations is key for any weapon, but keep in mind where you are positioned when you land long streams of rounds on your opponent. Learn to read what your opponent is good at, if they're particularly skilled with landing MA's, your best bet is to stay at a bit of a distance while keeping heat on them because it's easy to land a rocket MA up close. Since the CG becomes less accurate the more it heats up, you'll want to fire in bursts varying in duration depending on the distance that you're at and keep any reserve time before it overheats for holding down the trigger and shredding them when you can get in close. If you know that there's a good chance they wont be able to land an MA within the time you perceive it will take you to frag them, get up in their face. In close quarters you'll be able to frag an opponent with the cg long before it overheats if you've been practicing.

2. MANAGING HEATING & COOLING

Managing the CG's heat level is key to keeping it's accuracy and ensuring your opponents demise (muhaha:p). While you'll see a lot of people reaching that point, myself included sometimes, it's never something you want to encounter unless you're in a position where a hand grenade or an easy ground pound shot will be able to finish the job. It leaves you vulnerable unless you're skilled at landing MA's or your knowledge of positioning can keep an opponent at bay, not to mention unless you know how to move around the cooling effect takes a fair bit of time.

There are several ways of decreasing the rate that the CG heats up.

1. Fire in bursts. Not only does the CG remain accurate, but you'll have the option of getting in close after chipping away at your opponent and finishing them by really pouring it on.

2. Down jetting, while not always advisable since it's very predictable for your opponent to land a ground shot to where you might be heading, it will slow the rate that the CG heats up.

3. Skiing around is a given, the faster you move the stronger the cooling effect. If you gain enough speed the CG wont heat up at all, making it a great weapon for chasers.

I've thought of a few other things lately, but like I said in my previous thread, most of them would just apply to general skill/experience knowledge like movement, aiming ability and strategies. Here's a link to my previous thread for a few modifications that you might find handy. Hopefully this helps a bit more.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Good guide to the chaingun, however, you might see fit to include Rockey's chainzoom script in there as well, I find it hard to focus on normal Fov, but chainzoom allows you to see exactly where you're firing.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Those little chaingun *lady friends* that use chaser.
images

Disci

Old man
Learning to use Raider effectively as your primary class of choice makes OR chasing feel like cake walk. ;) Also, low sensitivity provides you the best chaingunning experience while chasing.

Mots0311

After getting wore out by pro chainers I have really tried to step up my own chain skills. As with everything on Legions, good fps and a smooth connection are key. Chain gun is good for finishing people off. I hate to be a purist here but the chain gun is actually a gatling gun, a chain gun fires slower but a much bigger bullet.

Don't forget to mention the dodging sequence!

Ground N Pound while their trying to dodge your CG by staying at the ground, and CG when they go in the air to dodge your rockets.

Also, try to focus on both making "big" curves while dodging and keeping your CG accurate ^_^ The problem with most CG people are that they only focus on one, thus causing them to take a rocket to the face and immediately ending the duel.

Hope I could help a little bit ^_^

Skepsis

As with everything on Legions, good fps and a smooth connection are key. Chain gun is good for finishing people off. I hate to be a purist here but the chain gun is actually a gatling gun, a chain gun fires slower but a much bigger bullet.

Not all Players need good Fps to be a beast at chaining. Aslong as it's Playable and Just practice with friends :D

Royalty

The Aussie
Your post in the eyes of a high pinger:
Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,BlahL

1. BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,

Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah.

2. BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,

Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah.

Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah.

1. Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah.

2. Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah.

3. Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah.

Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah.
Apart from that fact good guide.
No offense, you seem like a good guy.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
It's not possible anymore, and you should all be very very happy that that's the case. Pulling it off wasn't hard, you just had to get your CG out and then pressed the '3' key with a loadout that didn't have a weapon in that slot.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
It's not possible anymore, and you should all be very very happy that that's the case. Pulling it off wasn't hard, you just had to get your CG out and then pressed the '3' key with a loadout that didn't have a weapon in that slot.
Yeah I remember that on IA servers. T'was fun to troll around with.

Yeah I remember that on IA servers. T'was fun to troll around with.

yep yep. chain sniping legit laser snipers from 2/3 a map away was always a fun thing to do.

it was incredibly cheap b/c -
-gave infinate ammo
-gave perfect accuracy

glad it was removed, but it was fun while it lasted

Propkid

At one point I've learned to use the 3 glitch combined with hotswap (3, shoot RL, sw to CG, sw to RL, 3, shoot RL, repeat). <3
It would be fun with the plasma gun now