Game credits

Propkid

Call of Duty works like that too just with other weapons. Sure it's hard as a level 1 player to kill someone on level 50 with his full equiped weapons.
Yeh i know "but this is Legions and not CoD" :rolleyes:
More like 'any cod after cod5 is a broken cod' cos there you could win with any gun

Unlockables- NO. If they are to change the gameplay mechanics then they will bring imbalance. If they won't change the gameplay mechanics (if theyll just be customized textures/ w/e) then the devs shouldn't waste time on them.

unless on a separate server which is basically a HUD-less big map FFA where your stats= your credits and each time you die/respawn then you lose them all. you buy your stuff in the ammo reload spots: you start out as an outrider with GL and as you gain credits you can buy more weapons and pick your armour. You can also then buy certain 'buffs' and boosts and customize your character and ammunition and eventually call in Prometheus to come and *dance* everyone in the *bumm* and win the game, making the next map to come up.... man... oh maaaan...

Dimitryy

Abandoned said:
I wouldnt be making suggestions like 'fun-servers'. Only those which are on the very top priority. Making a new server isnt just a simple thing, having to find the best location for everyone and running the servers cost money.

i never said that i want it right now or soon. also, its just a suggestion and there are 3 euro and like 5 US servers atm. i never saw more than 2 full US or euro servers at the same time, so they theroetical could use one us and one euro as a "fun server"/test server (or for rabbit, TDM or Arena)
they would not need to find a new location or to buy a new server.
oh and yes: thanks for the information that it coasts money to host a server ...

moreover, the suggestion forum is not only for suggestion that might by "top priority", its for all suggestions as long they arent off-topic

Propkid

moreover, the suggestion forum is not only for suggestion that might by "top priority", its for all suggestions as long they arent off-topic
True. I like to think that all of these low-priority suggestions are being written down as sticky notes with a 'to-do post-release' tag. Then they all are stuck on a huge 3 metre high board right in front of Mabel's desk, illuminated with halogen lamps mounted in the floor. Always there. Always growing in size and number. Always wanting more code to be written...

Lin

Whoever decided that having game items cost real money just brought up too many issues to list. Paying money for extra stuff doesn't add re-playability, doesn't add more depth to the game, doesn't even help the devs cuz its a non-profit project, and just lowers the sense of accomplishment for people that don't want to pay.

Royalty

The Aussie
This basically means people who are pro get more points and use points to kill people faster. What are you trying to do here make this a massacre?

I read the OP and I'm sorta doing this in a rush, so I didn't read the other posts.

The Creds should be used to buy skins and helmets. (Voices maybe if could??? :O)

A2

hmm maybe we can have ranks and points get scored based on the players rank.
I remember this being discussed once. Don't think that went that well though.
But I'd love to see MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON sometime. <3

Dino

I remember this being discussed once. Don't think that went that well though.
But I'd love to see MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON sometime. <3
i have a calculation method to work out what rank u are like this :

5095448 EP/100,000
+ 16730 Honor/100
+ 2 HP destroyed x 3
+ your level (10) * 100
+ 286 days since registration x 6
+ 1406 Kills/2
- 18 friends shot down x 100
- 46 kills by enemies x 4
- 2 radiation zone destruction x 8
= 11,535 rank points
You need approx. 12,640 rank points to reach the next rank of
rank_7.gif
Basic Lieutenant.

The rank directly below yours is that of
rank_5.gif
Sergeant. Space pilots with this rank have approx. 10,969 rank points.

This should calculate the ranks below :
1 General (Maximum 1 )
2 Basic General(Maximum 1)
3 Chief Colonel(Maximum 2)
4 Colonel(Maximum 3)
5 Basic Colonel(Maximum 4)
6 Chief Major(Maximum 5)
7 Major(Maximum 6)
8 Basic Major(Maximum 7)
9 Chief Captain(Maximum 8)
10 Veteran(Maximum 9)
11 Basic Captain(Maximum 10)
12 Chief Lieutenant(Maximum 11)
13 Lieutenant(Maximum 12)
14 Basic Lieutenant(Maximum 14)
15 Chief Sergeant(Maximum 16)
16 Sergeant(Maximum 18)
17 Basic Sergeant(Maximum 20)
18 Rookie(Maximum 24)
19 Chief New blood(Maximum 28)
20 New blood(Everybody starts with this rank)

Daphinicus

Private Tester
I really hates what are you doing SeymourGore, I have never seen a suggestion that you put " good idea...", and if you put "I dont like it" all your 56 followers are going to put "I dont like it", if you put a stupid jock, all your followers are going to put "stupid jock"

And all the others members, it is really stupid, post idiots stuff just for get a "like".

So now I get a lot folegar make a suggestion, because is know are not going to be considered.

I think this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone disliking anything Seymour has said, ever.

History books!

Battelstar

I am not a fan of "only good players get the good weapons/skins etc.", although I see why most of the other free FPS games do it like that, for example to improve the long term motivation, which is btw in my opinion one of the biggest problems of legions atm (no long term motivation if you don't play in a clan; still beta, i know ;) ), and/or earn money with selling it for sure.

Anyway, I think a kind of a ranking system would be nice, for example a points per match(played minute would probably be better than match) system. If the rank of the players has an influence on pubs like that the auto balance uses these stats to make fair teams it will improve the pubs. This is also a way to improve the long term motivation. If you make these stats public (the points per game (played minutes) number only for sure) so that every player can check on which place he/she is in the ranking the players will be like "I want to become one of the Top 100 players of legions".