FPS

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
your fps is high because you are looking down at only a single texture rather then many... the same thing occurs when you are looking at the sky. What you see isn't your actual fps, fps would actually very from map to map, view to view because its the things only viewed that raise or lower your fps. Each texture and polygons you render could lower the fps.

Moji

Not to mention he's not even stressing his video card, processor, or even anything in his rig. In the middle of a fight on a server with likely stacked teams which are probably turtling defense you're going to see lower fps as well.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
not so much stacked but when everyone is in a small amount of space it will lag, because of the stress it would do. So remember this, anytime you lag it maybe because you are in a area where there are more players then normally which strains your video card.

Technically our eyes can see an average of 30 fps, you really can't see much beyond that because our brains and eyes can't process that many quickly. But what does happen is the player will run more smoother and you will also feel like "floating", I'm sure when this game just came back everyone felt the game as being "floaty"... thats because most of us have were getting high FPS and not use to it because the game doesn't have to much to render unlike other games.

I believe if you are around 60-100 fps you are doing very good, anything higher really won't make too much of a difference. Your ping on the other hand...

Coho

My fps plummets below 25 fps, if lotta peeps around shootin at me:( or carrier so I heard there's a legions lite. Ill try to find er' and am looking for a new pc wit vid card:) prbly a dell heh. oh nm i changed res down from 1024 768 to 800 600 and fps are ok now

1024x960 or w/e the default is. I get 72FPS solid. Looking at one texture, or many. Getting clustered to all hell or not. Ping however, will sky rocket with the latter..

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
you running at a high resolution coho? bigger monitor bigger resolution... need bigger card and faster card.

A2

New laptop - 1366 x 768 at about 200-250 FPS (without Fraps recording)
1366 x 768 at about 100 FPS (while frapsing - due to fraps FPS record limit)

HVanquish

I use second lowest resolution and get around 140, but sometimes it spikes down to 30s for no apparent reason. I know 140 is good, but it should get higher fps for the video card I have.

Frosted

60 fps all with vsync the time I'm not gonna strain my video card to get 500 fps it's ridiculous.

Also you are fumy OP you look at the ground and your like check my fps derp

Apcizzle

whatever the max resolution is... and i get 400-700 normally. Im looking at the ground now and im getting 920 fps lawl

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
400 on an empty game @ 1280 * 1024, but rarely just over 200 on a full game because I have my fog distance set to 1.5.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

1280X1024 between 200-500 without anything else running and loose 100 when i got quake, steam and msn on