first person view could be improved

started playing it for the first time in years as hof mostly as it makes MA's a little easier, especially playing on a little laptop screen atm.

wow the flag is in my field of view WAY to much, worse than that it gets shaken around a lot when ever you move, very distracting.

Anyone else see this as a problem? Id love to see it changed at some point!( a bright flag icon that flashed for a the first few seconds or a sound notification as in the heat of battle ive not noticed I have been given it a number of times)

ps. what ever happened to being able to see your own body in first person? I really liked that, it helped me with the sense of 'being there' and spacial awareness.

OK while Im on the subject, Im going to put it out there, the biggest draw back to fps is the lack of field of view imo so I was thinking if there was a border of a few cm that was a distorted fish eye that gave you the same FOV as 3rd person view it would allow you to see where you enemy is roughly and take away the blinker feeling.

'theres a fine line between stupid and clever'

Vinzyboy23

You could see your foot in first-person view. But I really like changing the field of view, it's too small.

Synista

Prefs folder:
Code:
$Pref::Player::DefaultFov = 115;
$Pref::Player::PreferredFOV= "115";

Change to..
Code:
$Pref::Player::DefaultFov = Whatever you want;
$Pref::Player::PreferredFOV= "Whatever you want";

And I don't understand, how you can look at your feet and not find it distracting but look at the flag and find it distracting, it's probably because of your resolution that it gets in the way.

I hope changing the FOV worked.

Synista

Another solution, nice little flag on your back :) But then you'll need an alert for when you've picked up a flag, there's a few drawbacks in your request but it's fair do's.

which file am I modding, ive got a few with the word prefs in it? defaultPrefs.cs/prefs.cs (which is a sdo file) and prefs.cs which doesnt have the code you mention.

its not my rez by the way, try wandering around with the flag using hof in first person, the flag tip goes right up near your target often.

Synista

which file am I modding, ive got a few with the word prefs in it? defaultPrefs.cs/prefs.cs (which is a sdo file) and prefs.cs which doesnt have the code you mention.

its not my rez by the way, try wandering around with the flag using hof in first person, the flag tip goes right up near your target often.

C:\Users\jedics\Desktop\live\legions\preferences

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
If you don't want to see the weapon in first person, you can disable it in options menu. Gives you more imo. What I did until I started using third person for everything. Third person is way better though.

Code:
$Pref::Player::DefaultFov = Whatever you want;
$Pref::Player::PreferredFOV= "Whatever you want";

I wouldn't go above 130 though, things can get way trippy, especially when dunk!