Finding a Game Options

So, I asked Rockey to throw me up a script that would sort out the games in the "Available Legions Games" table by number of players automatically instead of by server name. It's easier for me since I have to scroll down to find non-empty US servers sometimes, and when I have to keep refreshing, trying to get that one open spot in that one open game, it gets annoying. He did it, no problem, and it works great (P.S. If you want this script, just send a message to me or Rockey).

Then he took the idea a little farther and told me to throw this out to the suggestion forum. The idea was that the client saves how you sort your table automatically. Example: I double click "Players" on the games table and it sorts out the servers by the number of players; the servers with the most players at the top. The client would then realize this is the way I like to search for servers, and it saves this option so when I log in next time, the servers are already sorted out by number of players. This would be a nifty little addition that I personally would like to see.

Then another idea that came to mind was a que system. I hate the whole refresh, refresh, refresh process of trying to get in a game (damn you server admins who can get in a full game). Instead of doing this, if a game is full, you should be able to enter a queue which will send you right into the game as soon as a spot opens up. Plenty of games use this process and I think Legions would benefit a lot from it as well.

The only downside I could see to this is people joining the queue, leaving their computer, and getting put into the game while idle. This could be fixed with a boot system that kicks a player out if they sit idle in a server for a minute or so without ever spawning.

Good stuff, eh?

i like the que system
and how about single server refresh, click on a server and it automatically refresh itself
and double click join is useful too
and only show (tdm, ctf, rabbit, dm, hunter ........etc) multioptions
and only show (small maps/big maps) option
and only show (servers with less than XXX ping/show all) option
and only show (servers witch have players) option

I also suggest that a little pop-up box to show up when you're in que that says "Now in #1 Legions Player AFireInAsa's Queue System..." since I like to see my name places. Oh, and a add a little spinny wheel to it so you know time is passing and the whole world hasn't froze in time.

Fixious

Test Lead
I thought about posting a very similar suggestion a few days ago. I'd prefer to have Tribes(and other games)-like server options. You click a server, get info, and are able to refresh just that server instead of the entire server list. I also wouldn't mind having an auto-join. Basically, you tick a box and it'll automatically refresh the server every x amount of seconds, and put you into the game once a spot opens.

Before they implement this I'd rather they give us some damn voting options, however.

I also suggest that a little pop-up box to show up when you're in que that says "Now in #1 Legions Player AFireInAsa's Que System..." since I like to see my name places. Oh, and a add a little spinny wheel to it so you know time is passing and the whole world hasn't froze in time.
i like this and how about a list of players queuing the server and the first one on the list (the one who qued first) gets the priority to join first

i like this and how about a list of players queuing the server and the first one on the list (the one who qued first) gets the priority to join first

Nah, I mean just have my name there. Screw everyone else's.

But telling you the number of other players in que is also a good idea.

RainPilot

stinky bear
I'm sorry is it que or queue?
Anyway, a que (queue) would be pretty coo because I hate hitting the refresh button for like 5 minutes.

It's queue.

And yes, I approve :D

... not that I've ever had to run into the difficulty that is full servers, with my timezone...