Facebook: PlayLegions?

Vaati

I am sure everyone here at Legions: Overdrive is very busy working on getting beta testing going and all, but I must say I miss the old Facebook game of Legions. (albeit was pathetic and small...) I just think that adding a small teaser game like the one that used to be on Facebook would be really great for those of us who don't sign up for beta/can't run Legions anyway. I really wouldn't even care if all you could do was fly around and shoot dummy targets -- it would be nice to at least have something playable.

Just saiyan...

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
The problem with that idea is that the new game is coming out as an independent client, not a browser-based game. It isn't feasible for the devs to recreate the fb game as a browser thing. It should only be a few more weeks before overdrive goes public, if the time frame is the same as previously mentioned.

Vaati

Oh -- I didn't know it was only that much longer until it's out...

Apparently there will also be a lite version of the client -- have the minimum specs for that been discussed yet?

A2

System Specifications
Minimum Specs
Windows XP SP2 or later with latest updates, Windows Vista™ with latest updates, or Windows 7 with latest updates.

ATI Radeon™ x800 or NVIDIA GeForce™ 6800/8400
DirectX 9.0c (Windows XP) or DirectX 10 (Windows Vista™)
Processor: Pentium® 4 2.2 GHz, Core® 2™ Duo 1.6 GHz, AMDAthlon™ 2.08 GHz or better
RAM: 512 MB of available system memory
Internet Access Required
OS-supported keyboard, mouse and sound card

Recommended Specs
Windows XP SP2 or later with latest updates, Windows Vista™ with latest updates, or Windows 7 with latest updates.

ATI Radeon™ HD3850 or NVIDIA GeForce™ 8600
DirectX 9.0c or later
Processor: AMD™ 4200+ or Core® 2™ Duo 2.2 GHZ
RAM: 1024 MB of available system memory
Internet Access Required

OS-supported keyboard, mouse and sound card
Legions FAQ

stefygraff

Private Tester
There is no real need to put legions on Facebook. I see no logic in making this even in the far future. It would be a waste of time for the actual development

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Seymour likes the idea of making an official Legions: Overdrive facebook page in the future (when the game's further along and is ready for a broader audience), but moreso for 'spreading the word out' and providing a link to the website to download the client, and not as a Facebook game (ala Farmville or what have you).

Fixious

Test Lead
Seymour likes the idea of making an official Legions: Overdrive facebook page in the future (when the game's further along and is ready for a broader audience), but moreso for 'spreading the word out' and providing a link to the website to download the client, and not as a Facebook game (ala Farmville or what have you).

It'd be nice if the devs were given the current Legions Facebook page. It's surely help inform former Legions players.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
It'd be nice if the devs were given the current Legions Facebook page. It's surely help inform former Legions players.

Actually, Seymour's got administrator status to that page. Perhaps Seymour will give it a facelift at some point!

I forgot about FB legions and the Legions facebook page XD i guess theres still alot of people on that page who don't know about this yet since people have recently posted "why cant i play legions"

57thRomance

I forgot about FB legions and the Legions facebook page XD i guess theres still alot of people on that page who don't know about this yet since people have recently posted "why cant i play legions"
Lol wow...
It's like being stuck in time for a good nine months.