Download Experimental CG ret

Aki

This ret is built on an older ret I used back on IA. I can't remember who made the original and I was too absentminded to put it in the Author section of the file details :p . If you recognize the original, please tell me who made it so I can credit them properly.

The design for this ret occurred to me after a long discussion on aim assisting reticles. The main thrust of that discussion was finding the proper lead to hit your target. This reticle uses tick marks to indicate angle increments. It helps me to put the center where it needs to go. This is version six or seven, I think (though the file is numbered as 4).

It's a little bulky and still has some opacity issues, but I think it's at a point now where I can share it without feeling too embarrassed. My main issue is that the overheat gauge sits on the right horizontal crosshair and I can't figure out how to move it over.

Black and white were used for light/dark contrast, light blue was used partly cause it was already there and 'cause it contrasts well on green, orange was used for visibility on snow maps. I haven't played a sand map with this version, but a previous version performed well on Gorge.

It's kinda fun to see what color backgrounds do to the colours in the ret :D .

Anyway, hope for some feedback and maybe even for someone to find it as helpful as I have.

Attachments

• ChaingunReticle04.png
    ChaingunReticle04.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 39

Lin

I remember you talking bout this in game!
it looks good, but I think that red circle looks familiar from somewhere. might want to make sure your not ripping anybody off.

Aki

Like I said in the first post, I built this one from an old ret I picked up during the IA days. If you know whose it is, tell me!

Lin

Nighthawk's Paramount set. Its in the Unofficial Mod Thread, and tho the preview doesnt show it, his chaingun ret. has that red thing.

funny. thats actually the set i was suggesting to that other guy in the lobby
and i hope you'll be sharing this one when its done. been looking for a good cg ret.

Aki

Ah! So it is Nighthawk's. Then I say it now:

All credit for the original ret, the foundation of my ret, and a very large percentage of my kills back on IA and in the first weeks of L:O goes to Nighthawk. Thanks, Nighthawk!

It's a kickass ret, for sure. I highly recommend it, as well. Very visible and very clean--makes CG that much more pleasant.