Europe Server Changes

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Server changes are now in place.

Alright folks, I've spoken to St3lth today and we've decided on the following changes for the eu server:

• Regen is now going to be removed
  • Duel server is going to be replaced with a Rabbit server, with 14 slots. This server will start at 8 people.
The first change is pretty obvious, regen is rubbish and at the moment is unbalanced. It's been banned off the texas servers for sometime now, so it makes sense that the eu server follows suit.

While having the spare duel server was good, what tended to happen was that once the server got full at 8 people, it really just became a *dance* -around server where no one was really duelling. This also prevented from a ctf game starting. Anyone who came on to legions, would see the full server, and promptly quit following that because they couldn't join the server with other players in. The rabbit server may be used as a duel server still as it only starts at 8 people. If both servers are actually having a game on at the same time (which I highly doubt due to the lack of players from the eu region, then the duel server *may* come back. That's it for now.

HellzHere

Never played Regen, but I am really liking the duel to rabbit server change. Completely agree with what you said about the duel server, that really needed a change cos no one actually dueled, was just 8 people *dancing* about

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I would like to mention that using the sniper rifle while playing rabbit is not allowed.

This is to ensure that all people use rabbit as a learning tool for chasing, having the sniper rifle included in rabbit sadly makes the game unplayable if there is an accurate sniper.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Suggestions:

1st: Remove sniper
2nd: Add ONLY larger maps
3rd: Max ammout of players to be 10 (so many players)
4th: Set timer to 15 minutes, I played Frostbyte and Fallout for 25 minutes, thats a total of 50 minutes chasing on two maps only... makes me sick!
5th: FIX THE MOD AND MAKE A REAL RABBIT MAP!!!!!!!

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Suggestions:

1st: Remove sniper
2nd: Add ONLY larger maps
4th: Set timer to 15 minutes, I played Frostbyte and Fallout for 25 minutes, thats a total of 50 minutes chasing on two maps only... makes me sick!
5th: FIX THE MOD AND MAKE A REAL RABBIT MAP!!!!!!!

All of this is planned...

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
I would like to mention that using the sniper rifle while playing rabbit is not allowed.

This is to ensure that all people use rabbit as a learning tool for chasing, having the sniper rifle included in rabbit sadly makes the game unplayable if there is an accurate sniper.

One method would be to not ban the sniper, but limit its range to 200 and damage to 15 (%of raider) this should be relatively easy w/ public server files.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
One method would be to not ban the sniper, but limit its range to 200 and damage to 15 (%of raider) this should be relatively easy w/ public server files.

Easier to put into gametype rabbit.cs to not allow outrider to select.

Severance

Private Tester
this makes more sense. Rabbit always seems to turn into a shoot-the-flag-shitfest anyway.