Enemy Annihilator

What do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
I was playing StreetFighter today, and well I got a small idea from it. The player has a power gauge which goes up the more and more he fights, the more attacks he uses. Once it reaches a limit, the player gets a power attack (a combo attack).

I've searched the forums, I cant find a suggestion that was made of this same topic.

The Idea
Every player has a kill streak counter, which counts every kill that they get without dieing or respawning. The kill counter rises.
Once it hits a large number, for example 20 consecutive kills (without death) a special power attack is enabled in their weaponry.

The weapon
The weapon is only activated once a player reaches the required number of kills. The weapon has a full map blast radius, and a 1 hit kill. This weapon however only kills enemies, it does not affect any of the team-mates or allies. There isn't a ROF because there is only one hit. Its not a attack that's plainly visible, it doesn't rock the whole map, or turn it upside down, it doesn't explode. Its like a plague that spreads throughout the whole map, and kills every single enemy there is.

Once a player activates this weapon, every single enemy player (even at the end of the other side of the map) will be annihilated. The player can only use this weapon again if they can re achieve a kill streak up to a required number.

Edit:
There could be a minimum kill requirement for the weapons, as Immanent pointed out most players can achieve quite a high kill streak with the Laser Rifle (Sniper).
Such as:
Chain-gun: 25 kills
Rocket: 20 kills
Grenade: 15 kills
Laser Rifle(Sniper): 30 kills
Bolt: 25 kills
Plasma: 20 kills
Blaster: 20 kills
Mortar: 40 kills

A player can bring another to critical with for example the Chain gun, if the killing shot comes from a rocket, all the next consecutive killing shots have to come from the same weapon to enable the Annihilator.

Its only an idea, so criticisms are all welcome. Please feel free to improvise the idea.

Bullets

Nice idea, kinda like those CoD kill streak rewards or whatever they're called :)

I reckon this could only be implemented in TDM really since in a CTF game it might just encourage ppl to camp at the other base to get the kills, which is already really annoying. Plus respawning is quite common (could possibly get rid of the kills-reset-after-death counter, but again would rather it be in DM). The idea also seems to widen the (already huge) gap between skilled-less skilled players since better players would be able to get more 'upgrades', which may be a problem.

The said weapon seems a little OP - I'd hate it if I just respawned/was close to killing someone and then just got nuked. Perhaps a large cannon/airstrike (e.g. from CoD \o/ ) or a fat railgun or something might be less overpowering.

U8er

I was playing Street Fighter today...
V7QjD.png

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
I hate killstreak rewards.
Its not exactly a reward, just a temporary weapon of unimaginable destruction .
Pro leejunz players will now have a much greater advantage.
Not even all pro's can get 20 consecutive kills, if there are 5 pro's playing with a group of 10, how many kills do you think one of the pro will get before he gets hunted down himself?
I honestly cant believe even a pro can get 20 kills against decent players without a single death, extremely improbable.

Immanent

Not even all pro's can get 20 consecutive kills, if there are 5 pro's playing with a group of 10, how many kills do you think one of the pro will get before he gets hunted down himself?
I honestly cant believe even a pro can get 20 kills against decent players without a single death, extremely improbable.

I'm not saying 20 consecutive kills is easy, but you did say
for example 20 consecutive kills (without death)
meaning that the numbers can be used interchangeably.
Sniping can also be a means to achieve a killstreak of 5+ easily.

DKnight556

I remember this being a derailment of another suggestion somewhere....... It was highly thought that it would make people go out of their way to get kills. eventually turning every ctf into a tdm. The TDM idea maybe but I'm not sure.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
I'm not saying 20 consecutive kills is easy, but you did say

meaning that the numbers can be used interchangeably.
Sniping can also be a means to achieve a killstreak of 5+ easily.

20 isn't the kill streak score I actually propose for this idea, it was merely an example.

I've edited my previous post with a few more solutions.

prometheus11

I have to say I really dislike this idea... it's not that it's functionally a bad idea. One of the reasons I really like Legions is that it's *not* focused on kill/death ratios. I like that Legions is focused on teamwork and skill. Kills are almost secondary (at least in CTF of course). This suggestion would take away from that in my opinion and not really be an advance of what Legions truly is.