Desert Camo

skypredator

As long as we have Winter, Red, Blue, Green (Woodland/grass IMO), Black, Red, and Racer skins, I'm thinking we need some nice Desert Camo. Just an idea. I know there are more important things the Devs have to even consider, if this is considered at all. But then again, that's why they amde this awesome thread to psot out ideas in. What say?

skypredator

Do want chocolate! But I'm thinking about a nice desert camo. I could make soemthing like it. Not sure that it would be implmented, though. :(

DeadPixel

You woukdn't be invisible, as soon as you come into range your highlited. Now lets not bring perks to legions and ask for ghost pro!

Just to test a few things out, I basically re-hue'd the snow-skin, with one or two other changes and the result was pretty good.
SS072small.png SS075small.png

I might go back and change some of the more bluey areas to a different colour, but I'm not sure which colour yet.
Also keep in mind that I haven't done the helmets yet.

All in all, for something that took 5 minutes, it's a pretty good result.

Oh and if you think it's more of a green than yellow, you shouldn't have let the colourblind person do it. I think it looks very deserty (at least on the different light that zenith has)

Edit: and yes i have been told it does apparently look pea green.

LindN

As long as we have Winter, Red, Blue, Green (Woodland/grass IMO), Black, Red, and Racer skins, I'm thinking we need some nice Desert Camo. Just an idea. I know there are more important things the Devs have to even consider, if this is considered at all. But then again, that's why they amde this awesome thread to psot out ideas in. What say?
they made this thread? really?

also, why not just mod one like nighthawk did, hueing isn't very difficult

they made this thread? really?

also, why not just mod one like nighthawk did, hueing isn't very difficult
Because not everyone wants to mess around with Photoshop/GIMP/Paint.net and get the necessary plug-ins to modify the Legions graphic files.

Also, skypredator != they.

LindN

Because not everyone wants to mess around with Photoshop/GIMP/Paint.net and get the necessary plug-ins to modify the Legions graphic files.

Also, skypredator != they.
there's a guide on opening them and it takes about two seconds to change the HUE.

why would we waste dev time just cause we want a skin that we could just make ourselves? of course you'd be replacing one which is a tad bit sad but you'll survive

LindN

why would we waste dev time just cause we want a skin that we could just make ourselves? of course you'd be replacing one which is a tad bit sad but you'll survive
see? i can also do this.

wasting dev time to make a skin when they could be improving on other things is... bad, ESPECIALLY WHEN
we could just make ourselves?

if you're so desperate for a camo skin, look through the guides people have made just for you to see and do it yourself? we shouldn't make devs spend valuable time, new skins might or might not come in the future, until then? make them yourselves.

If it takes so little time to make, it would be better for it to be made official and available to all the players, instead of as an optional modification that replaces another skin.
And no, I'm not "desperate" for a camo skin. I was just offering my support to what I believe to be a good idea.

skypredator

LinD lied. He said he wasn't even gonna reply. But he did. And I realise that we could just make the skins ourselves, but they wouldn't be implemented into the random-selection-cycle thingy for skins.